Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM 2005 18" "faceted" wheels. Do the wheel center caps just pop off? Should I pry from the front or press from the rear? It looks like plastic and I don't want to break it as I move it from my bent-up wheel to its replacement.

Last year it was only a tire, this year it's both. Thanks, NJ DOT!
BentWheel.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
222 Posts
if you live in NJ and it happened on NJ Road that the state fixes you can file for reimbursement from the state.

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Press it from the rear with the back of a screwdriver, prying it may crack it. Been there done that. Lol.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you live in NJ and it happened on NJ Road that the state fixes you can file for reimbursement from the state.
Thanks. It was a state highway so I'm planning to file a claim but I read that the state only paid out on 13 claims in 2013 and 12 in 2014. They decide in their own way whether they had proper notice of the pothole and adequate time to repair it. So I'm not holding my breath. FWIW, I saw a pothole take out front tires on two different semis (and several cars) this year, so they're monster sized.

----------

Press it from the rear with the back of a screwdriver, prying it may crack it. Been there done that. Lol.
Thank you for sharing your experience, Boat. That's exactly the kind of costly education I was trying to avoid.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
The best place to buy center caps is TheShinyWheel.Com. They ship fast and their prices are great! All of the center caps that I receive from them are in really nice condition!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts