Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually that part was easy but... there is a yellow wire on each side of the air bag cylender and i just do not want to force it out and would like to know how to disconnect those stuborn wires. any one has a clue?

·
Registered
2004 cts v
2 Posts
actually that part was easy but... there is a yellow wire on each side of the air bag cylender and i just do not want to force it out and would like to know how to disconnect those stuborn wires. any one has a clue?
Saying that is was easy does not help me. Please be more detail. I disconnect the steering while airbag today. If the yellow wires are the same, you lift the top end cover up(that's why there is a fold-back loop on the opposite end), then you lift the connection off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the same pickle. You have to remove the entire dash to my knowledge and remove the glove box and have a long skinny extension to get the bolts that hold it in but I have no idea how to remove the wire. if there is a plug that goes to the fire wall or module or what.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update.
For the passenger Airbag its going to take some work. After removing the entire dash and using a foot long skinny extender to unbolt the airbag looses you'll have to have to work the two yellow wires from that cylinder. but once you do that pop the new one in and reassemble the dash and you should be on your way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts