Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only see/find one bolt, and have no idea how to even get to another one. Too much stuff in the way and no room to fit tools. I've got the original FSM, but it is no help. I am replacing the a/c compressor and have to remove the oil filter adapter in order to remove the manifold from the back of the compressor. Anyone have experience removing the oil filter adapter? I'm about to lose my mind. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
2 bolts on it. need a long extension a swivel and a 10mm socket. Once you find the second one of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I got it out. Wasn’t too bad after all. Got everything removed.

A tip for anyone else: don’t even try to remove the compressor manifold block without first removing the oil filter adapter. There simply isn’t room to get any tools in between them. The bolt on the manifold block is recessed, which makes it harder to get to.

Also, I had to remove the top star bolt from the front of the compressor in order to slide it out. The fit was so tight it would not slide out otherwise. This was easy to do with the right star socket. (Of course, that took another trip to the hardware store!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts