Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the forums take on how to remove the Cadyy crest and emblem. I dont have a hair dryer. And would like a easy simple non abusive (not gonna take the chance of ruining the grill) method on how to remove the front grills emblems. Thanks in advance. Oh and ps, Id like to get this done b4 the sun goes down. :thumbsup:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
I have to do the same thing either this evening or tomorrow sometime. The CTS emblem on the trunk lid came off easily with dental floss. That's gonna be my first try with the grill emblem.

However, I just got the package from Lindsay, and now I'm looking at the new one in the plastic bag, and it's got four pins sticking out in back, apparently to locate in the mesh of the grill. Maybe by dental flossing up to each pin and around it we can loosen that bugger.

That's my $0.02.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
17 Posts
Are you planning on replacing the emblem or just taking it off? I thought about removing mine but I don't like the idea of a circular depression in the blank grill. If it's a straight removal, how do you plan to deal with that?

//Edward

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres a swell in the grill. The emblems have plates behind them which are (I believe) welded to the grill.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
GM puts emblems on cars. You guys remove them.
GM eliminates emblems on cars. You guys add them.

No wonder I am so neurotic!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts