Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I did a search and its been a long time since someone asked about this..

I see people get either Eibach or Hotchkis.

If you own one or both, please give your reviews.

My '04 EXT is lowered 2/3" on 24s,and when I turn sharp corners, I really notice a huge body roll, like my whole side is coming up! I hate it!!

So, are sway bars worth it? If so, which one should I get?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'06' Escalade
182 Posts
On an '04 you should have front and rear factory sway bars that should be sufficient for normal/average daily driving.

I take it this issue just arrived after the mods

If it was just notable since the drop and wheels, I would go back to the installer. Maybe they forgot to tighten/modify the connections for the sway bars or some other factor.

Did they do a complete alignment after the drop?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Any time you raise or lower your ride you have to get an alignment, and if you raise or lower more than an inch or so you can not really use the stock alignment figurers. Most aftermarket sway bars will not work on a lowered truck, my 07' Hotchkis sway bars say that in the instructions.

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only happens when I am going thru the curve really fast, thats when its noticeable. I guess I can live with it. I did have a 4 wheel alignment right after the drop. Thanks for the info guys. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts