Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Eldorado Convertible / 2002 Eldorado ETC
8 Posts
Please explain how to open the images. all I get is an icon with the top right corner folded over.
Thanx,
MAT

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,007 Posts
Please go back through the thread - there are edits and notes that many images have been removed by the original poster in order to save space for the future - our image posting file size is not very large so you need to resize them to less than 799 X 599.

·
Registered
'95 Eldorado
1 Posts
I realize that that this is an old thread however I would like to see thr referenced Fig.s

(Moderator edit: The pictures/diagrams have probably been removed by either the Photoshop usage change or the member needed to open some posting memory. Sub)

·
Registered
1995 Deville 4.9L
3 Posts
Thank you so much for this post. How did you know this is the exact info I needed too?

Yes, antenna will not retract and was all unplugged since I bought my car. Now I know I could proceed how to rebuild it but, I can not figure out how to remove the rubber nubby and bolt thingy on the exterior where the mast protrudes from. I've tried needle nose pliers, etc. but I don't want to damage it. Now I wonder if I even need to do that; does it just slip right thru there? Could you give me a clue, please? I have avoided this minor problem since the radio works fine but I'd like to get to it one of these days. Thanks in advance.
On the 1994-97 Deville and probably several others, once you unbolt the antenna motor assembly from the frame in the trunk, you can pull it down and out of the fender rubber grommet. Then the plastic nut at the top of the mast housing can be removed with a 12 point 14 mm metric socket. That is not even necessary for broken cable replacement unless you must also replace the telescoping part of the mast. Rebuild instructions and parts for many cars are available at: theantennasource.com

41 - 45 of 45 Posts