Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 84 Fleetwood with hvac problems. I suspect the blower control module/resistor has failed. I don’t want to spend $200 on a “tested” one from eBay or another weird website.
Does anyone have and references or websites on how I can rebuild this module myself? I know it can be done because that’s all that’s available. Just can find a “how to” website for my exact part
Sleeve Wood Gesture Finger Bumper

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,790 Posts
Good question. Seems those repairing don't want to share the "secret".

I've searched for a circuit diagram and I sure can't find any. It's not on the wiring diagram.

I suspect a capacitor or resistor on the circuit board under that sealant. I have an old toasted one laying around here. I just haven't had the time to remove the sealant to look at the board. Possibly what ever it is can easily be identified by discoloration. Or buy one repaired and take it apart to see what was replaced. That would answer the question.

At $200+ a pop for one I think I will retire and scour salvage yards for them and sell them as income. At $175 I'd be selling.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,790 Posts
I have never asked any of the companies that repair instrument panel circuit boards if if they repair the resister module.

Replacing components are somewhat easy to do. I didn't think I could do something like that. I have a nice 60 inch Magnavox rear projection TV bought in 1996 that I didn't use much. One day it quit. I found what it was on a TV repair website so I ordered the component. Went down to RadioShak got a solder iron and solder supplies. I de-soldered the failed component and replaced it and soldered it back in. It worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts