Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the foot to open the rear lift gate with remote in my pocket and it did not work. Any tricks?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Just picked up my 2015i premium two days ago and had the same issue. Salesman instructed me to kick slightly right of center, and that did the trick. Try that out next time...

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jspn01 said:
Just picked up my 2015i premium two days ago and had the same issue. Salesman instructed me to kick slightly right of center, and that did the trick. Try that out next time...
I have a tow hitch and don't want to hurt my shin. Maybe I should wear a bigger shoe size;)

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Congratualtions!

just picked up my 2015i premium two days ago and had the same issue. Salesman instructed me to kick slightly right of center, and that did the trick. Try that out next time...
It is really great to see so many of us now getting their vehicles after over a half year of most of us just waiting and waiting for them to get out of 1100.

I waited 8 months form order to deliver.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just did an impulsive buy and never ordered. I even bought new weathertight mats for my hybrid only to be used in my platinum!

·
Registered
2015 cadillac esv premium
41 Posts
The trick is this: You have to kick/swipe foot under center AND THEN BACK UP, if you don't it will not open, swipe and take a few steps back.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Yes! I guess I should try reaching my foot in there.
Just checking because my dad's 2015i had an issue with the liftgate which lead to the trunk no opening automatically, except opening manually. The relay had to be replace.

It's right under the trailer hitch. Make sure the keyfob is with you when you open the trunk. Kick your foot under, then you should see the lights flash. Without the keyfob, it won't open.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
I kick the spare tire and it works every time.

Remember to take the fob out of your pocket when drying the rear bumper after a wash! ;)

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV
3 Posts
I'm able to open the lift gate by kicking under in my 2015, but not able to close by kicking under the hitch. In the manual it states that kicking under will open and close. I know that the 2015 Yukon Denali it will open and close but the one I test drove was the mid-year refresh. Others have any luck with this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts