Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So ive been doing all I can to make this a great forum for everyone, but yet we have one of the smallest cts sections out there.......The stupid thing is I may have one of the most modded cts's and i wanna talk about them more then anyone else!!!
So I want suggestions (serious please) on how to make this section the best it can be......seriously let me have it

anyone?

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
10 Posts
Hello,

The CTS is one of Cadillacs more performance oriented models. I would like to see some discussions on performance mods, dyno results, and track times. I live in Orlando and live about 8 miles from the track (Orlando Speedworld). I used to own a 1995 STS and bone stock with over 100k miles and it ran [email protected] I plan on carrying my 04 CTS w/3.6L to the track when I have a few more miles on it. Seat of the pants tell me it is very close to the STS. So com on guys lets get a real performance discussion on these cars!!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
srmcclean said:
Seat of the pants tell me it is very close to the STS.
Otherwise known as the "butt-dyno!" :bouncy:

Not to take something away from the CTS forum, but I think dyno runs and time slips would be something we could all benefit from. Maybe we should bring this up in the Team Forum or the suggestion box?

We could have something like "Performance RESULTS" as a heading, and then break out sub-forums for each model (within reason!) from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Hey everyone,
So ive been doing all I can to make this a great forum for everyone, but yet we have one of the smallest cts sections out there.......The stupid thing is I may have one of the most modded cts's and i wanna talk about them more then anyone else!!!
So I want suggestions (serious please) on how to make this section the best it can be......seriously let me have it

anyone?
I would divide it up into some sections..

Audio/Video

Performance

Exterior/Interior accessories

Questions and Answers

CTS Issues

Parts for sale/trade

·
Registered
543 Posts
silver bullet said:
Lets have some pics of CTS cars whats with all the Beemers I thought this was a Caddilac forum.
Good question, if you want an interesting reponse PM the administrator.

·
Registered
543 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
What did Sal say?
He says this is a diverse board and they don't discourage anyone from posting any pictures they want. I have gotten some condescending comments about my Z28 Camaro, but I really have to laugh at those. You see the Camaro belongs to my wife, a Long Island New York native.

My curiosity is why obvious BMW and Infiniti enthusiasts would spend so much time on a "Cadillac" message board. I saw a lot of the same curious behavior by owners of other brands of vehicles on boards like www.stangnet.com.

My only conclusion is that things are so boring on their own boards they want to hang with the group that has a higher class and more intellectual group of owners.

So knowing their dilemma I welcome them as brothers and sisters

·
Registered
211 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Hey everyone,

anyone?
We need more input for aftermaket DIY ideas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
darrelld said:
He says this is a diverse board and they don't discourage anyone from posting any pictures they want. I have gotten some condescending comments about my Z28 Camaro, but I really have to laugh at those. You see the Camaro belongs to my wife, a Long Island New York native.

My curiosity is why obvious BMW and Infiniti enthusiasts would spend so much time on a "Cadillac" message board. I saw a lot of the same curious behavior by owners of other brands of vehicles on boards like www.stangnet.com.

My only conclusion is that things are so boring on their own boards they want to hang with the group that has a higher class and more intellectual group of owners.

So knowing their dilemma I welcome them as brothers and sisters
I post on stangnet.com, because I've got a Mustang GT, but I also have an STS and a Miata. I thought that I was seeing things last summer, when I looked into my garage, so I got my camera and took this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
srmcclean said:
Hello,

The CTS is one of Cadillacs more performance oriented models. I would like to see some discussions on performance mods, dyno results, and track times. I live in Orlando and live about 8 miles from the track (Orlando Speedworld). I used to own a 1995 STS and bone stock with over 100k miles and it ran [email protected] I plan on carrying my 04 CTS w/3.6L to the track when I have a few more miles on it. Seat of the pants tell me it is very close to the STS. So com on guys lets get a real performance discussion on these cars!!
Yes. Cadillac is attempting to compete, I think, with the 3 series and cars of that ilk. Lets get some more sport tuned driving input.

As for further suggestions, there appear to be a few dealers who frequent this site. Perhaps you could block out an area for them to discuss with buyers various parts of the car buying adventure.

Also, given the unique quality of this car, I would think that Cadillac itself would have a major interest in what current owners are thinking and talking about. Could you contact them and see if they would be interested in joining the forum in some way?

·
Registered
2008 CTS-4 3.6 DI AWD
31 Posts
I would suggest that replies to posts should move that topic back up the the top of the list like they do on corvetteforum.com. Then posts that draw many responses will stay one the first page and we won't have to go searching old posts to see the recent responses. It is only a suggestion. I had a 98 C5 Vette and spent many hours learning about mods and getting great advice on corvettes. I now have a 2003 Anniversary Edition Corvette but do not spend that much time on their forums. This forum is a great place to share ideas about mods and upgrades and to share sources for good deals. Thanks for your help. Fred

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Maybe it's time for the CTS-V and CTS powertrain discussions to be in separate sections? If person X does something, it sometimes isn't clear what engine. I think it would lessen confusion.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Make a seperate V section. A V buyer has a very different set of needs and wants from his vehicle - as is evident by the purchase decision. Cadillac will be making an SRX, STS and most likely an XLR in V versions. Someone will do it so why not you guys? I'm getting tired of weeding through the basic CTS stuff.

Also, the paranoia regarding links to other forums is shortsighted and will limit growth in the long run. One of the reason for forums like this is to share information. Limit it and limit your success......period.

Do both of these things and I think you will find a lot of growth and loyalty. As a potential advertiser on this very forum I would insist on these things. Do only one or none and I think you will find people searching for more and advertisers going elsewhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts