Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
That'd be awesome...an LS1-powered, AWD, full independent suspension Fleetwood barge!:cool2:

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder what it would cost to get ahold of that transfer case and front suspension? To keep it low buck (if you can call a project like this "low buck") you can adapt to the LT1 or L05.

But the ultimate would be to do this project with the new L92 6.2L GM V8 that is slated for the Escalade in a few months. Bored 6.0 w/LS7 styled heads. 400hp/400 lb/ft torque. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt....

caddycruiser said:
That'd be awesome...an LS1-powered, AWD, full independent suspension Fleetwood barge!:cool2:

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
N0DIH said:
Wonder what it would cost to get ahold of that transfer case and front suspension? To keep it low buck (if you can call a project like this "low buck") you can adapt to the LT1 or L05.

But the ultimate would be to do this project with the new L92 6.2L GM V8 that is slated for the Escalade in a few months. Bored 6.0 w/LS7 styled heads. 400hp/400 lb/ft torque. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt....
All EXACTLY what I was just thinking! I'll take the 403HP 6.2L with 6-speed auto any day, but would probably just stick to the RWD. Can you say F-U-N:rolleyes:

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
You guys are right, the possiblities are absolutely endless with a Gen. III smallblock. Look at all the fun the V guys are having right now! The 6.2 would be very nice, but even a current LS6 or 2 with a Maggie, now there's one FWB sleeper!

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why yes I can!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caddycruiser said:
All EXACTLY what I was just thinking! I'll take the 403HP 6.2L with 6-speed auto any day, but would probably just stick to the RWD. Can you say F-U-N:rolleyes:[/quote

Hmmm, non AWD for Fleetwood and AWD for FTS 6.0, and FTS-V LS7.....

Anyone have any other options we should recommend to GM?

Maybe we should cross post this to the Open letters to Cadillac board?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Where do you see independent suspension on that? Looks like a solid rear axle to me. The whole drivetrain is your basic FWD P/U layout.
I like the idea of a Chevy-powered RWD/AWD car though. I even like the name! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts