Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 cadilllac eldorado
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there's an easy way to add in a horn or maybe connect to car horn to make a beep after locking the car with the remote:hmm:

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Not easy at all, in fact is very complicated. I assume you want it to beep shortly at the second attempt to lock the car. If you want it to beep every time it locks, appears to be as easy as connecting a wire and a diode from the door lock relay to the horn (is just a matter of jumping two pins on the PZM connector. But then how about when you unlock the car? It will beep to, and the beep is not as short as you would like, is over 1 second long.
You will need to make your own electronics with some 555 timers that are engaged at the first lock and if you press the remote one more time to lock in the following X seconds it will beep shortly. I posted a diagram of how I would do it using just relays.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
That's one thing I don't like about the remote entry on my Deville that it gives you no indication if it actually locked or not. I used to just hit the power lock button on the door every time I got out. Then I got remote start and usually use it's lock buttons instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts