Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the V is not great from a dig, but could someone please provide instructions on the best way to do so.
Websites, videos, etc.

I don't want to let the V community down due to losses from a poor s

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Launch at about 2000-2500 RPM and ride the clutch out (medium release)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey that's a pretty good video. Personally I agree stkshkr on the launch. I tend to medium release in that rpm range. I also feather *slightly* going into 2nd and 3rd so I don't get much spin (in any) in 2nd and none going into 3rd.

For me dropping the clutch at 3k+ = horrible wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you soo much for your tips, I've been practicing on the way to work, during lunch and hopefully on the way home.
Launch at about 2000-2500 RPM and ride the clutch out (medium release)
Very smooth launch not that much noise.

Hey that's a pretty good video. Personally I agree stkshkr on the launch. I tend to medium release in that rpm range. I also feather *slightly* going into 2nd and 3rd so I don't get much spin (in any) in 2nd and none going into 3rd.

For me dropping the clutch at 3k+ = horrible wheel hop.
Ventured in the 3k area, no wheel hop but a whole lot of burnin rubber!

I also learned that the Rev Limiter is my friend. Just keep my foot on the gas while I'm shifting and the car does the rest. Stops that change in momentum.

May be ready to go back out tonight.

Any more tips, I'm all ears

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Ok now that we are on the subject. I am very new to driving a stick. I have no problem with upshifting. But I have a big problem with downshifting. I can go from 5th to 3rd kinda. But other than that I need some help.

Who is up for the task?

Sorry about the thread jacking :( but I figured that we all can learn something.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok now that we are on the subject. I am very new to driving a stick. I have no problem with upshifting. But I have a big problem with downshifting. I can go from 5th to 3rd kinda. But other than that I need some help.

Who is up for the task?

Sorry about the thread jacking :( but I figured that we all can learn something.
No thread jack, a damn good question. Cause when the freeway is clear I practice that myself.:eek::eek:
I find that if I'm going no faster than 60mph that I can safely downshift straight to 3rd w/o going side ways!

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Down shifting to a lower gear I try to feather even more then up shifting as to advoid banging, clunking and car bucking. I've been drivnig stick for 10 years and this car has been a challenge to perfect. When asking another unnamed V owner here, he said not to worry, not everyone gets it perfect everytime. I pride myself on being smooth, but thats not always the fastest. I personally touched the rev limiter a few times. The first I was like wtf was that, then realized what was going on. Once the car get high up in RPMs it shoots up the rpms quick as hell. God I love this car, and can't wait to get out of work and race home!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
That dude has a ti and a size 11 foot. How the hell does he fit in that car?

On another note, yesterday I was walking with my gf in Princeton, and we saw an orange Porsche GT3 with a roll cage inside. Sounded sick. The guy parked not too far from us, we saw hime get out and he had on racing shoes. I had to explain to her about the closeness of pedals, feel etc. I like driving with my leather soled dress shoes as I can feel the clutch engage easier then sneakers. They don't grip for shit, that's the down fall though.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
We close in 2 minutes. Throw the rocks in the safe and I'm out! Hybrid action burning rubber and gas!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We close in 2 minutes. Throw the rocks in the safe and I'm out! Hybrid action burning rubber and gas!
I hope no one gets in my way getting out of here

1 - 20 of 25 Posts