Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a cadillac sts 02 that the ac dont work i know i have a hose leak but how would i know if the compressor is bad too when i turn on the ac the clutch turns on and everything but the cooling fans dont so yeaa kinda confused and does oreilly or autozone or advance auto sell the ac hoses or where should i go buy them

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Do you have low pressure codes on AC? First step after checking those is getting pressure readings low and high and finding leak if there is on. Radiator fans should come on slow speed when AC is on.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,478 Posts
A/C hoses come from a Cadillac dealer or look through the proper systems in www.nalleygmc.com or www.gmpartsgiant.com .

Depending on your location, several Cadillac dealerships are CF members and some will discount and ship to members.

Try the Parts Dep't at Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA.

MAYBE a farm/fleet hydraulic shop can duplicate the hoses/fittings. It's all extreme high pressure, so has to be done correctly.

Your system uses R134a refrigerant, using specific weight fill procedures. You'll also need to clean and evacuate the system, measuring the proper amount of correct type PAG oil to add.

Here's your cooling fan schematic..................

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a leak from the low pressure hose to inaide the car but i caint find the right part for it can someone help

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
i have a leak from the low pressure hose to inaide the car but i caint find the right part for it can someone help
========================
i have a leak from the low pressure hose to inaide the car
the only part inside the car is the evaporator

you would be better off - and probably money ahead -
if you had the system checked by a pro -

·
Registered
1986 cimarron 1995 Eldorado ETC, 1997 Eldorado base
180 Posts
Even if you get the hose and replace it, you have to hook up a vacuum pump to the system for a certain amount of time to boil off any moisture introduced into the system when you opened it up to the outside atmosphere. The vacuum pump lowers the atmosphere inside of the a/c system - which turns moisture into steam - which is removed into the vacuum pumps oil.
A/C Systems do not like moisture inside of them. It will destroy the compressor and clog up the entire system.

If you do not have the capability to apply a vacuum to the system for at least an hour, and then inject the proper amount of refrigerant - TAKE THE CAR TO A PRO.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Only way to find out is to call and get some estimates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts