Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys this is my first post and it looks like there is tons of info on here but not much on amp installs.

I have the bose system and it sounds great but wanted to add three 10inch subs for more bass, I went to the car audio store and they didnt have a clue so I hope someone on here does!!! PLEASE HELP~~~~

I have seen a few on here that have the stock radio and subs in back SO any info will help thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD
50 Posts
We put an Alpine amp under one of the second row Captain's chairs... To power the amp we found a hole in the firewall (to the engine compartment) and punched the power line through... to mount the amp we had to modify (cut out) the panel of carpeting at the bottom of the chair, basically cut a hole in the carpet to get it in there... This piece can be removed easily to modify with a dremel tool for a cutout... as far as the input for the amp we spliced speaker level inputs from the left and right back door speakers and used a crossover to filter non bass sound... the wires from the amp to the sub run under the side panels to the trunk to power my subs...

·
Registered
Cadillac
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is my head unit(stock navi) has some type of sound sensor??? and my stereo shop is telling me the amp cant be installed??? have you had any problem with the bass being to loud affecting the radio?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is how I wired my sub amp in my 2007.

Power Feed:
I removed the battery and battery tray and drilled a hole through the firewall into the passenger side (a few inches below the battery tray). I tied a 4 AWG wire into the Battery + side of the Mega fuse that powers the vehicle electronics (just above the battery and to the right). Only a couple inches away I mounted another fuse box similar to the one used in the vehicle. With a rubber grommet protecting the wire from the sharp sheet metal, I ran the 4 AWG power feed through the firewall and down underneath the trim of the passenger side. When you remove the passenger side rear trim panel, you will find an extra J clip that is perfectly positioned for connecting your ground cable (although, you may have to remove a little paint for a better connection). Important note: Please make sure to choose a fuse size for your power feed that will blow if your wiring is shorted to ground at the amp (consider your wire gauge size and length). Otherwise, if the resistance of the wire does not produce enough current to blow a large fuse, your wiring will get VERY hot and your vehicle may IGNITE. I am currently using an 80 amp fuse with the 4 AWG wire.

Audio input to Amp:
I chose not to tap into the D-pillar speakers because I suspect the factory amp filters those outputs. So I disconnected the factory sub and wired that output to a line converter then to amp. The factory sub connection is directly beneath your cup holders. I ran these wires down the drivers side of the vehicle because the large gauge power feed on the passenger side acts like a large antenna and could possibly introduce noise into any nearby speaker wires.

Factory sub wiring from Amp to sub connector
Left + Dark Blue w/ white stripe
Left - Light Green w/ black stripe
Right + Light Blue w/ black stripe
Right - Dark Green
(Note: wires on sub side of connector are different color!)

That’s how I did it.. I am sure others will do it differently.

Brad

·
Registered
Cadillac
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so overall you didnt have any problems with the stock head unit not working? the stereo shop said something about since I had the bose stereo that this couldnt be done BUT I worked at the shop for a few yrs and I still wonder if they know what is really going on.

Is there anyway you could email me pics of your amp install? I have my subs in the car and ready to go BUT have had zero luck finding someone to install my amp! Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn’t take the time to snap pics. I also would prefer to not take my trim apart again. :)

As for the "sound sensor", they are correct. There is a noise cancelling microphone on the panel near your right knee. From my knowledge of noise cancellation, it is really only going to work on constant hum or engine noise. I would guess that Bose would have calibrated the noise cancellation to only work for a certain frequency range anyway. (engine noise coming from area near your feet where the mic is)

Don’t wait, install your amp! Mine is working great.

Brad

·
Registered
05' Cadillac Escalade
10 Posts
Here is how I wired my sub amp in my 2007.

Power Feed:
I removed the battery and battery tray and drilled a hole through the firewall into the passenger side (a few inches below the battery tray). I tied a 4 AWG wire into the Battery + side of the Mega fuse that powers the vehicle electronics (just above the battery and to the right). Only a couple inches away I mounted another fuse box similar to the one used in the vehicle. With a rubber grommet protecting the wire from the sharp sheet metal, I ran the 4 AWG power feed through the firewall and down underneath the trim of the passenger side. When you remove the passenger side rear trim panel, you will find an extra J clip that is perfectly positioned for connecting your ground cable (although, you may have to remove a little paint for a better connection). Important note: Please make sure to choose a fuse size for your power feed that will blow if your wiring is shorted to ground at the amp (consider your wire gauge size and length). Otherwise, if the resistance of the wire does not produce enough current to blow a large fuse, your wiring will get VERY hot and your vehicle may IGNITE. I am currently using an 80 amp fuse with the 4 AWG wire.

Audio input to Amp:
I chose not to tap into the D-pillar speakers because I suspect the factory amp filters those outputs. So I disconnected the factory sub and wired that output to a line converter then to amp. The factory sub connection is directly beneath your cup holders. I ran these wires down the drivers side of the vehicle because the large gauge power feed on the passenger side acts like a large antenna and could possibly introduce noise into any nearby speaker wires.

Factory sub wiring from Amp to sub connector
Left + Dark Blue w/ white stripe
Left - Light Green w/ black stripe
Right + Light Blue w/ black stripe
Right - Dark Green
(Note: wires on sub side of connector are different color!)

That’s how I did it.. I am sure others will do it differently.

Brad

hey brad i had one question where did you tap into for the remote wire ?? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
hey brad i had one question where did you tap into for the remote wire ?? thanks for the help
This is what I want to know , how did you get the remote start wire for the amp ?
did you get an aftermarket trigger or is there a wire from the navi headunit ?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
But Gm_geek, isn't the remote trigger supposed to give a 12 volt signal to start the amp and then there is no more voltage in the remote wire trigger, so it is just to turn it on and then stop the voltage.
So if I wire the remote trigger to a constant 12 V ( when ignition is on ), will damage the amplifier , or am I wrong ?
and does the usual remote wire works the same as continouse 12V or just to get a start signal and then it is off ?
Like for example if I do not want to turn on my radio when I am driving my car, then the amplifier is ON, but for nothing, yes.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
But Gm_geek, isn't the remote trigger supposed to give a 12 volt signal to start the amp and then there is no more voltage in the remote wire trigger, so it is just to turn it on and then stop the voltage.
So if I wire the remote trigger to a constant 12 V ( when ignition is on ), will damage the amplifier , or am I wrong ?
and does the usual remote wire works the same as continouse 12V or just to get a start signal and then it is off ?
Like for example if I do not want to turn on my radio when I am driving my car, then the amplifier is ON, but for nothing, yes.
You missunderstood what I ment.
you don't connect constant 12Volt to remote trigger wire on your amp. pic. I posted to show You where you can grab accesory/ingnition wire to trigger amplifier.
but if you want your install be more professional. PAC sells module that will generate 12 V out of speakers output on your factory system. it's a very cool piece. I use it all the time

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
I knew about this harness and converter , but I called PAC and they confirmed that this harness " WILL NOT WORK " ON 2007 Escalade. only on 2007 GM SUVs, like Tahoe and Yukon.
you can look on their website and you will not find this harness for 2007 Escalade. So that add for this item is totally wrong.
I ordered the Soundgate LOCX to hook it to the wires of the sub and it is a 2 channel high quality converter.

·
Registered
Cadillac
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That isnt the right harness they have a new 07 escalade harness that works it is in my truck now!!! I will post some pics of my sub box 3 10's firing down behind the seats!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.