Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok underneath my passenger side is a bundle of vacuum lines for my ac, one of them is ripped and is going my ac to blow engine eat when drivin and not staying cold because of loss of vaccum, the ine is smaller than a 3/16 because i tried to slide a 3/16" piece of vacuum hose over it but it is to big, it is around 1/8", anyone know how i can repair this to get it to hold vacuum so i dont sweat balls when i drive...?:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,301 Posts
Why don't you replace it? That said, put some RTV on it, wrap it in electrical tape. Put some RTV on that, then slide the vacuum hose over it.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
47 Posts
If it is hard vacuum line, new line can be purchased through AutoZone, NAPA, etc. To form it, place the straight line in hot water and it will become pliable. If you use electrical tape, you might want to shrink wrap over the tape. Electrical tape will eventually become brittle and lose its seal.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys, i just placed a piece of windshield washer fluid rubber line over it that was 1/8" hose and it worked perfect and then i put a piece of heat wrap over it and hit it with the torch, thanx tho guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts