Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a SLS 94 and I don't know how to find the codes from the DIC. Any help???

Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
hold the warmer button and the off button on the climate control thats what works on my moms 96 Deville and my 97 ETC

Edit:
Ok i just checked the source i use online and heres what they said

To enter diagnostic mode:

1. Turn ignition "ON."
2. Depress the "OFF" and "WARMER" buttons on the Climate Control Center (CCC) simultaneously and hold until the segment check appears on the Instrument
Panel Cluster (IPC).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank CadillacETC1997 for your quick answer, it works.

Another question: how do we know what the codes means? The Codes appearing were: "P052, P109, I052, S010, S012, S016, S036, S038, S043, S060, S073, PCM?". Can I get the information from internet or your "online" source?

Thanks.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
yup 1 sec ill pull the link up again

BTW do any of them say current next to them thats the one thats givein your your problem (what is the problem that your pulling codes for?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you solved my problem. The codes S010 and S016 relates to solenoid problem (there is nothing about code S012??? but I presume it relates also to solenoid). So, my SLS don't start because of the solenoid.

Again, another questions. S010 is about "Left front damper solenoid valve short to ground/B+" and S016 is about "Right front damper solenoid value short to ground/Open". What is the difference between "short to ground/B+" and "short to ground/Open"? Or what means "ground/Open" and "ground/B+"?

Finally, do you know what are: "Electronic level control compressor" (code S036) and "Electronic level control exhaust valve" (code S038)?

Thank you again for your answers and time.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
naw im not a techy you want Ranger for that stuff hell prob be able to help you out. Im more up to date on errors with suspension and traction control (my dads STS has the TC light and ABS as well as service suspension sys and service stability sys) sorry i couldnt be of more help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts