Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,792 Posts
I had a late 80's Park Avenue, and the ELC was hot even with IGN off.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
I had a late 80's Park Avenue, and the ELC was hot even with IGN off.
====================
CORRECT - just like the Cadillac -
and that was changed starting in 1994 - at least in the Cadillac lineup -

·
Registered
deville 93
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lots of ideas here...thanks....the reason i have been silent is that i have not looked at it in a few days...other businesss to see about ...and it has been cold in unheated garage....i did replace the battery first cause it was testing weak and was old.then the new battery ran down over a few days of non use....

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,792 Posts
Lots of ideas here...thanks....the reason i have been silent is that i have not looked at it in a few days...other businesss to see about ...and it has been cold in unheated garage....i did replace the battery first cause it was testing weak and was old.then the new battery ran down over a few days of non use....
go back and read post #2.

·
Registered
NONE
18 Posts
Or you can put a dc multimeter in series on DC amps 0-10A or less with the battery lead, with your normal shutdown condition, and read your milliamperes. If you’re above 100 mA, you’ve got something stuck on. You can then pull fuses to see what takes it down to about 20mA. My typical for GM is about 20mA, I’d be interested to hear others. My dc clamp on meter works to 0.01 amperes, not sensitive enough for this troubleshooting. Make sure you don’t turn on headlights or step on brake pedal using insertion ammeter, there is a fuse in the meter that could pop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your car has a amp that comes with it in most cases the amp drains the battery this happened to me I changed them both haven't had any problems since .or maybe a bad ground wire somewhere and also check your fuses and relays

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,714 Posts
Um, how do I check the fuses and relays?....and why?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts