Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Redline CTS-V
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I won't start with...I was driving along in my V, minding my own business..But...

I was! Perhaps Feffman will chime in on the track fun as well. I went to AutoBahn Country Club near Chicago for a full day this past Monday. We had some sessions dry and some sessions wet, both were plenty of fun. Drove up with my V and my friend drove his Audi A8 W12 with all wheel drive to boot. Ran with a few Corvettes, had a new Ford GT running in my group just leave me wishing and passed some other cars and was passed by others.

So, after a fun day, we head back from Chicago to Bloomington Indiana. Gotta admit, 80mph along Interstate 65 was as slow as I had been all day!
We are running along I 465 in the fast lane and we pass by a new Mustang GT cruising along in the middle lane. We turn off into a 4 lane and hit a stoplight, guess who pulls along in the fast lane besides me and revs his engine...yep! Now I really don't do street races, too many risks and I haven't had a ticket for so long I don't want to start now,but...

As I have just spent a day laying waste to others and sometimes having mine handed to me, I was in rare form. I reved back, not really sure what I was going to do, but when the light hit green, he hit it hard and as I was being gently, I guess giving him a few lengths, my right foot fell hard and I shifted from 4th back over to 2nd and went after him. I ran him down, passed him and pulled hard but then a truck was ahead in my lane and I shut her down at around 90mph. My buddy had a front row seat and I only wish he would have had the video camera on!

Anyway, we both got caught at the next light, side by side again, but a cop was in the Northbound lanes and we were both lucky! We talked for a minute, he said he had a maggie, but I never heard any whine coming from the car. He did ask what I had in my car, and seemed surprised by the V8.

A real nice way to end a sorta wet day at the track and a 4.5 hour ride home! Now to get my video edited together and get ready for Putnam Park next Friday right before the F1 race in Indy!

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Mmmm track days. I gotta go once. Sounds like mod hell, once you start you can't stop.

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Autobahn was indeed wet barring our 1st two sessions and the very last, but the wet driving experience was fun. The Ford GT was like a rocket ship. Cripes he came out of nowhere and passed me like I was sitting still.

The V held their own. Finally shut a friend (Lotus Exige) up when I passed him not on the long straight but in the short straight through the twisty stuff. He came up later and proclaimed he'd stop call my V the pimp car. A note from another friend later said our Exige buddy was pissed. I love the V!

All in all a good day with Doug and I as the lone V there, but the car worked great. Drove Doug's with the Corsa and will likely do it. I think he likes my UUC shifter.

I hope you guys get your cars on the track. I truly, and this is no BS, feel my V is better on the circuit then my Lotus Esprit V8. The V chassis is simply second to none.

Hey Doug, send me the photos you and Whitney took. I'd like to get them on MVP's web site.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

·
Registered
2005 Redline CTS-V
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey BigJim,

I will be running at Putnam This next Friday the 15th and then at IRP on the road course on the 29th...would be great to see you at either!

Feff knws how to drive, I knw when to exit to pit lane, when it rains hard or when Feff is coming up on you!!!

(Hey Feff, who loves ya, and helps ya change from street tires to race wheels.......) I'll get some pics to you soon.

Velo

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Hey BigJim,

I will be running at Putnam This next Friday the 15th and then at IRP on the road course on the 29th...would be great to see you at either!

Feff knws how to drive, I knw when to exit to pit lane, when it rains hard or when Feff is coming up on you!!!

(Hey Feff, who loves ya, and helps ya change from street tires to race wheels.......) I'll get some pics to you soon.

Velo
IRP? I was there for the Car and Driver 50th Anniversary shindig. For the exotic rides, they used 3/4 of the oval and an L in the infield. What's the config for a track day? Or is the road course out back using part of the drag strip?

But I'm looking long and hard at July 23rd. Now that I've got some Putnam Park miles under my belt, I'd love to tackle it again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts