Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Allante
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of an '89 Allante and made the mistake of trying the tape player. It's bad, just clicks, and I can't get it to stop or eject the tape.

Is there a way to make it eject the tape without pulling the DIC, or a way to disable it so that the radio can be used?

·
Registered
allante
58 Posts
I had the same problem only mine ejected the tape after a moment and hit the eject button , but then the radio would not go on thinking the tape was still playing.so I removed the dic disconnected the player ( no part's to repair any way ) I removed the player put player door over the hole
the radio now view's station's ect.the manual will show now to remove the dic the hardest part is the two bolt's at the bottom of the dic mine were loose, to reach these you have to remove the cover under steering wheel & the driver side to reach in behind. I took the player out thinking I might make a cubby hole to store stuff in

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Allante
4 Posts
My cassette tape player and radio started fighting each other also. Cassette kept clicking w/o any tape and the radio cut in and out. I disconnected the cassette player once I got the DIC out. How did you get the cassette player out of the DIC when the cassette door won't open? I assuming there are some screws that mount from the front holding the cassette to the front plate. I removed all back screws but it seems to be held in place from the front. I cannot open cassette door w/o breaking it.

·
Registered
'92 ALLANTE & 02 EXT
114 Posts
Factory Car Stereo Repair in Florida repairs cassette players & CD players in case you're interested. They have a website. FCSR.COM
They also rebuild CDMs & Bose speaker amps.
Also can install a jack on your CDM to be able to play mp3 & smart phone music through your factory head unit.

·
Registered
89 allante red soft top, subaru outback for the winter
31 Posts
Mine stuck too and was afraid to pry it open and break something. This happened a few years ago, the following may have some memory fade, however it does open without too much trouble. Using just your fingers try pulling the cover out at an angle like 22/45 degrees. I tried everything (no tools) pushing in/pulling out and something gave and it opened. I did notice that the 'catch' is not that extreme which allow the door to open. Good luck.

mas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts