Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you disable the day time running lights?

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
I converted to clear fogs lens and changed the bulbs to HIDs. Now I use the fogs as DRLs, the car looks much better.

BTW, I didn't bend pin H, on the light relay, I cut the wire that feeds it and added a switch.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanx I actually dont want and DRLs ever at any time

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I didn't bend the pin either.. I broke the son of a bitch right off.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
when disabling the DRL's when do the triangular section of the headlights turn on? Those are tied into my DRL's... if i disable the DRL's will those little LED's in that triangular section still light when I turn on my headlights?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
That little triangular bulb you are talking about is the "parking" like. So they should be amber really, but mine are LED white just like the headlights. With that being said, they should not be effected when you disable the DRL with modifying that pin H on the connection.

I haven't done it yet, but that is my thought.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
That little triangular bulb you are talking about is the "parking" like. So they should be amber really, but mine are LED white just like the headlights. With that being said, they should not be effected when you disable the DRL with modifying that pin H on the connection.

I haven't done it yet, but that is my thought.

KOT
Yea mine are LED also, im just really tired lol... but what Im saying is that those bulbs are controlled by my DRL's, so if I disable the DRL's will those bulbs be disabled? Or will they come on with the headlights... I guess only someone who has done the mod can really answer the question

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
there have been guys who have done this...i believe what some have done, is just break that one paticular pin off or even just bend it out of the way so that you can do this mod...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
I was going to go outside and cut the wire for the H pin to find out. But it's raining so hopefully you would be able to find out tomorrow. Beside, if they do get turned off you can always hook that wire back together if you cut it apart far enough away from the connection.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
I was going to go outside and cut the wire for the H pin to find out. But it's raining so hopefully you would be able to find out tomorrow. Beside, if they do get turned off you can always hook that wire back together if you cut it apart far enough away from the connection.

KOT

Yea either that or tie it into my fogs so that when I turn then on I can get those triangular lights too.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Okay, didn't think this what a real mystery..

I've done this mod. The triangle lights are unaffected. The only thing that happens is that the turn signals don't stay on while there is light outside. They blink during the day as they would at night with your headlights on.

This is mod is best used when you have cleared fog lenses.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Guys I stumbled onto this thread after doing a search.

But I want the opposite effect. I want to keep the DRLS on Even when the headlights are on!

Is that possible?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am going have to say no. Simply because they won't blink when you use the turn signal.

KOT
Thanks for the response man!

but they blink when they are on during the day. :hmm: haha

Is there anyway that I can just have them from not shutting off when the headlights turn on.

I really like the look of them. Its very unique.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts