Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could do this simply on my 2012 SRX. Now have a 2015 SRX and it is a nighmate trying to figure out how to dial an extension once the call is dialed! No one at Cadillac has an answer. Everything they have suggested does not work. It is against the law here to use the touch screen while driving! What don't they understand. Very frustrating. Have had the car 2 weeks.....need this feature for business....on the road a lot!!!

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
I'm not sure if that's a CUE issue unless you've stored the contact in CUE vs just letting CUE access the contacts in your phone.

Try appending the phone number with three or four commas, followed by the extension number.

IIRC, commas are equivalent to a pause of about 1 second each. I can't comment about Android, but the iOS contact maintenance screen for phone numbers has a secondary keyboard that includes "pause". You get to the secondary keyboard by hitting the "+*#" button in the lower left corner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I think all phones let you include extensions if you know them in advance. Its done by adding pauses to (hopefully) let the number being dialed to answer and be ready for an extension.

Don't know why but I was thinking he meant how to enter an extension or menu option that he did not already know at time of dialing.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but how, when I call a number and they say dial 4 for the service department, do I dial that from the handsfree button on the steering wheel. As mentioned, this was so simple and straightforward on my 2012........on some calls tou do not know the extension until you are in the call.
Thanks so. Uch....your help is appreciated.
Hopefully Cadillac will address this issue.......touching the screen is illegalmhere and extremely dangerous while driving.

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Thanks but how, when I call a number and they say dial 4 for the service department.....
I think at this time, you'll have to stop and place the call. On the glass half full side, allowing callers to say the number as an alternative to keying it is becoming the norm. If its a number you call frequently, you might find out the sequence to get a human operator and make a contact just for that adding the the menu keys with appropriate pauses.

As mentioned, this was so simple and straightforward on my 2012........on some calls tou do not know the extension until you are in the call.
So just how did it work in the 2012? I can't picture a 10 key pad on the steering wheel.

I read a post somewhere (not on these forums) that OnStar calls can do this. Supposedly, after the call is answered, if you press the voice button in the car and say a numeral, it will be converted to a numeric key. I never used OnStar and no longer have it, so can't confirm. I did try that today with a bluetooth call but the voice key didn't seem to do anything while a call was in progress. But even if this does work with OnStar, the drawbacks would be far worse than just stopping to place a call. You would have to maintain a separate contact list for OnStar since it can't use the ones in your phone and have to pay by the minute for the calls and have people wondering who's calling since your OnStar number is different, etc, etc..

·
Registered
2015 SRX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply. On the 2012 I pushed the bluetooth voice button on the steering wheel and said "dial John Doe". Then when I needed to push an option such as "4" for service, I pushed the bluetooth voice button on the steering wheel and said "dial 4". The extension was dialed. All this was done using the cars voice recognition system. I find it unbelievable in todays world that this option was removed!! The pause feature (using commas) does NOT work when using the vehicles voice recognition system. I am in sales, on the road most ofmthe day, placing calls. If I have to pull over everytime to dial an extension I Would never get anywhere. This is today. Every company has a voice system where it is necessary to select an option of some sort. It is against the law in Canada, and we can incur huge fines, to push touch screens while driving. I am really amazed that Cadillac has missed such an important feature. Had I known I would notmhave gone with the car. I assumed that my 2012 had it so the 2015 must have it............
Your help is indeed appreciated.
Regards

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Thanks for your reply. On the 2012 I pushed the bluetooth voice button on the steering wheel and said "dial John Doe". Then when I needed to push an option such as "4" for service, I pushed the bluetooth voice button on the steering wheel and said "dial 4". The extension was dialed. All this was done using the cars voice recognition system. I find it unbelievable in todays world that this option was removed!! The pause feature (using commas) does NOT work when using the vehicles voice recognition system. I am in sales, on the road most ofmthe day, placing calls. If I have to pull over everytime to dial an extension I Would never get anywhere. This is today. Every company has a voice system where it is necessary to select an option of some sort. It is against the law in Canada, and we can incur huge fines, to push touch screens while driving. I am really amazed that Cadillac has missed such an important feature. Had I known I would notmhave gone with the car. I assumed that my 2012 had it so the 2015 must have it............
Your help is indeed appreciated.
Regards
Yeah companies do stupid things.

But soon I'll be rich. I'm going to crowdfund my new breakthru technology for GM car owners. Basically its a specialized harmonica with a handsfree neck mount. Said harmonica will always be pressed against the driver's mouth. But this harmonica does not produce musical notes but rather the 12 DTMF tones for a phone's touchpad.

Please don't delay pre-ordering because I expect a huge backlog by the time production starts.

I am also working on a system based on the clapper. Just got to figure out how to determine which number tone to generate when the driver claps. Also how the driver can clap with just one hand.

·
Registered
2014 XTS PREMIUM
6 Posts
When you need to dial an extention etc. Press the voice command button on the steering wheel and upon request just say that ext. Number and it will dial.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really, Inhave tried that several times and it did not work. I have 2015 SRX. It did work that way on my 2012. I hope to hear back from you. It is a feature that I really need. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts