Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought a 2008 CTS yesterday and am very happy with it except for one thing. The person I purchased it from said that it had Bluetooth capability but I took it home only to realize it did not after calling the dealer to verify. Mainly I wanted to be able to connect my iPhone to connect my music and GPS sound through the speakers. I tried to connect it with the USB connection but it said device was not recognized. Does anyone know what would be the best option to solve this problem ? Thanks for your help.

JT

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,809 Posts
Maybe Im missing something but connecting your iphone using the two connector cable has nothing to do with Bluetooth for phone calling. Is there the 2 connections in the center console for connecting your iphone for mp3 playback?

·
Registered
2016 ELR, 2009 CTS Sedan, 2005 CTS-V
468 Posts
Be aware that you can't use the Apple-supplied cable to connect your phone to the car. You'll get the error message you reported. You have to use the Cadillac cable (it's white with a dock connector on one end and a USB and headphone cable on the other). Check the glovebox to see if it came with the car. If you have an iPhone 5, you'll need the Apple Lightning adapter.

I believe bluetooth was added partway through the 2009 model year production, so your almost definitely doesn't have it. It's only used for talking on the phone, though, not for streaming music or other audio from your phone.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Performance
14 Posts
My 2008 does have Bluetooth but I believe its only on the later produced 2008 models.Like the previous poster said its only for phone calls and Siri goes through it....

12,821 Posts
Welcome, JTmon3y! I'm happy to see the forum members jumping in to assist, and I wanted to provide you with the contact information for the Customer Service team near you (in case you wanted to involve them at any point). http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/about/contactus/overview provides you with GM of Canada's phone hotline number as well as their online communication details.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
Bluetooth was available on 08 models that were built starting in mid April of 2008 - mine was built in March 08 so I missed out on bluetooth availability. And iphone works fine in my 08 when using the GM 2 cable connector.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,809 Posts
Check the placard on the inside of drivers door for month/year of build. As stated if car was made Apr-May 08 you should have bluetooth but all 08s had the special cable that is used for playing Playlists from the Music app on your iPhone so you should have 2 connections in the console.

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Having trouble pairing my iPhone with my Cadillac Bluetooth. I watched the YouTube video and when I tried it, the Onstar voice comes on but doesn't recognize the words Bluetooth, pairing, or iPhone. Does my 2008 Cadillac CTS have Bluetooth capability and not just Onstar capability? Thanks for your input!

Good evening, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to show correct information including time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,262 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
All your answers are here, just make yourself a snack and a stiff drink...you'll be here a while reading it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/187314-2008-gen-7-gen-8-onstar.html

(I joined the conversation on about page 14 back in 2011, so all the necessary install info is before that)

First, you'll have to find a module at a junk yard, which I wouldn't think would be too hard now that the model is older and people aren't doing the mod so actively. I got lucky and found one for $250 when they were in strong demand (they just had a new wrecked 2010 brought in) while picking up another part. You'll just have to call around and ask.

After that, just follow the instructions in the post to install (about 3 hours taking your time, but nothing too difficult)

Last step (optional, as it will work without this step, but you onstar will be linked with the car the module came from instead of yours), take it to the dealer and have them update the info to match your vehicle. I think the dealership charged me $80 or so for what took them 15 minutes, but what can you do? (print the instructions from the post or they'll look at you like you're an alien)

I've had no problems in 3+ years now with it. I currently have a Galaxy S4 and have not had any problems, although sometimes (rarely) it hangs up when trying to dial out using S Voice. Never had an issue with incoming calls and caller ID displays on DIC.

PS: You cannot stream music via Bluetooth even after this mod.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Janet Armour,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble pairing your Bluetooth device. For assistance in pairing your bluetooth or troubleshooting, you can contact the GM Customer Assistance Center at 1-866-522-9559. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Having trouble pairing my iPhone with my Cadillac Bluetooth. I watched the YouTube video and when I tried it, the Onstar voice comes on but doesn't recognize the words Bluetooth, pairing, or iPhone. Does my 2008 Cadillac CTS have Bluetooth capability and not just Onstar capability? Thanks for your input!

Good evening, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to show correct information including time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts