Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
seville 96, Catera 97, eldorodo 97
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 Seville is leaking water to passenger side (near the feet, coming from top). Any idea about the location of the drain pipe, how to access it (from top, side, or bottom). Also how to clean it. Does it require any special cleaning material or just a wire like straigtened wire ususal clothing hanger will do. Thank you

John

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger,

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the AC drain pipe is visible from the bottom or is it hidden behind any panel. I jacked up the car but could not get under the car. Looked from the sides. Could not get any idea if I need to remove any panel.

Thanks
John

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,111 Posts
No panels to remove that I am aware of. It might not be a tube. Might just be a molded opening in the HVAC box. You'll have to get under there and do some inspecting.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to resolve problem of AC water leaking to the car. I am very thankful to the members who have shared info, especially Ranger.

There is a small opening in the evaporator box (or AC box), accessible from underneath the car, about 1 foot inside from the passenger side front tire. It is hard to notice the opening. So I have to drive the car with AC on for about 30 min and then the water started getting inside the car and some water was dripping out. It got cleared just by hanger wire in just a few seconds. Thank you again Ranger and fellow forum members.

John

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,111 Posts
Glad to have been of some help. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
Gone:'90 DeVille, '96 DeVille, '98 SLS Current: '05 DTS
43 Posts
Re: How to clear AC water drain - seville 98

Any chance someone has a picture of the location of the A/C evaporator drain outlet? I need to clean mine but cant find it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts