Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 CTS4 Wagon and the drivers side rear wheel hub lost the refluctor wheel for the wheel speed sensor, as they do often.

I replaced both the sensor and the hub but the codes are still up on dash and the systems are still down. I tried disconnecting the battery to reset but they were still there. I then went to a shop and they tried clearing it with a scanner but again still there.

Does anyone know how to clear these without paying over 100 dollars at a dealership?

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
688 Posts
Try reading the code to make sure it's giving an error for the LR you replaced, possible a second one is bad?

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,793 Posts
Yes, what is the code(s) ? Some scanners (like Torque Pro) just read the "Official" OBD-II codes and not the in-depth GM codes. Often a code that ends in zero is generic rather than specific.

Are good ones for about a Benjamin: the Autel Diaglink with GM module (standalone) is often under $90 while the Tech2Win needs a PC and is about $130. With a subscription a Tech2Win can also change things.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
306 Posts
You should post where you live because maybe someone with a scanner nearby might be able to help you. I've got seven different scanners and one of them is just for abs and another one is a dealer level Ford one.

Roy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem found. Put the car on the lift to check the other sensors and hubs like I should have done before, and sure enough rear right hub has a chunk of the magnet missing too.

I just ordered another sensor and hub, anyone think I should just order the fronts too?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts