Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How to clean your Cadillac seatbelts

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ELDORADO2K 
#1 ·
I decided to make a dedicated thread on this subject that way it can help more Cadillac people who may be interested. This 1st post is copy & paste from the other thread, so excuse if it reads kind of weird, but the main info is all here.

I used LA’s Totally Awesome straight undiluted. [the regular yellow colored liquid]

I’ve tried using other cleaners and degreasers, along with steam cleaning and just about everything to get seatbelts clean before and nothing comes close to what this product did to clean these seatbelts and it did it with ease! I almost couldn’t believe how the grime just dripped off as I was scrubbing it with the brush.

1st you want to retract the belt all the way and use clamps to prevent it from rolling back. Then you shut the door on it because you’ll be getting things wet. Next you spray the heck out of both sides of the seatbelt with the cleaner, and begin scrubbing it with a brush on both sides. Next you grab your hose with a spray nozzle and give it a good rinse making sure to hold the metal part of the buckle to prevent it from accidentally hitting your paint. Repeat if necessary, I did 2 scrubs just to make sure I got it completely clean.

After rinsing, dry it off with a clean cotton towel and you’ll see the last of the dirt come off onto the towel. If you have an air dryer like I do, use it to speed up the drying process.

Otherwise just leave the belt outside of the door out in the sun to air dry. You can also use the clamps + buckle the seatbelt to prevent it from retracting until they’re fully dry like I did in this pic.

You can find that product at the $1 dollar store. Don’t waste your time using anything else because nothing else works.

1 last tip: You might want to pre spray the side of your cars paint with detail spray or car wash soap from a spray bottle prior to spraying the belts with the cleaner because you will be getting it on your paint. It’s probably harmless but I chose to be cautious anyways. Make sure to rinse the cleaner off the car afterwards or if you’re like me just wash the side of the car with car wash and dry afterwards to prevent any kind of water spots. Your seatbelts will look like new!

Here’s some before/after pics of the seatbelts in my DTS.

Before.

After.

See less See more
#2 ·
Today I cleaned the seatbelts in my 97’ SLS.
FYI this is kind of my beater car that I’ve had for a while, the seatbelts have been this dirty since the day I bought the car.

Here’s what they looked like.

Before.

Spray then down real good...

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Don’t forget you can use an air blower to speed up the drying process.

So now you know how to clean your seatbelts. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.