Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  os101king 
#1 ·
one of the Coupe DeVille badges fell off on the back part of the quater panel of my car, so we had gotten a hair dryer, and mineral spirits w/ rag and tried to get the asheasive stuff off, some of it came off, but most of it is still on. I was wondering, what do I use to get it off? I heard something about goo-gone, anything with that?

#2 ·
Go to the local paint and body supply store. They have a wheel that they call an "eraser". It's like a buffing wheel, only made of rubber, and you just put it in a drill and run the outer edge of the wheel along the goo and off it comes! I used one to take all the pinstriping off a Silverado P/U once and it ws the easiest thing I've ever seen. It won't scratch the paint, but it will look a little dull where you run it because the wax will come off too. Just a quick hand rub with a little wax and your good as new.

#3 ·
Welcome aboard ranchboss!!! And thanks for the advice...... how much can be expected to cost for something like this??

Attachments

#4 ·
Go buy a small bottle of goof off! Its great stuff (basically paint thinner) and will take everything off! If you use it sparingly you can easily remove stuff from your car without hurting the paint. Some a**hole scraped their old bumper against my rear panel and left a long black rubber mark. A tab of that and a few minutes of elbo grease and it was as good as new, try it! (You can get it at any hardware store or whatever) (btw their are several different brands and my experience is they are all pretty much the same)

#10 ·
Ralph said:
My dad made the mistake of stripping all that black stuff off the silver badges I have, now I suppose I have to go and buy new silver ones if someone steals the gold ones, just for the adhesive. I would just leave it on them and crazy glue 'em if you have to put them on again.
3m also makes that double-sided adhesive in a roll of tape. Check a place like Home Depot or Lowe's. You'll have to custom cut the tape to match the emblems, but it definitely HOLDS anything on.

#11 ·
Elvis said:
3m also makes that double-sided adhesive in a roll of tape. Check a place like Home Depot or Lowe's. You'll have to custom cut the tape to match the emblems, but it definitely HOLDS anything on.
Hey, thanks Elvis. PS I painted my silver hood ornament gold today, to try to match the real gold one I keep in my safe. It doesn't look too bad, but not as yellow as 23k.

#12 ·
I think I used WD40. Anything that will disolve a adhesive... Didn't hurt the paint at all...

#13 ·
hcvone said:
3M Adhesive Remover, you can get this at most Pep Boys type stores. :)
:bouncy: !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.