Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a CTS, luxury sport & full option, included high end audio system. As I live in Europe, I can't read the dvd's in zone 1... could someone help me by indicating how to change the player to multizone, or change to zone 2 ? is there a hack ? or a special firmware to burn on CD-R ? if yes, wher can I download it ?
Thank You

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all ! every dvd player has its own "hidden buttons combination" or is updatable by firmware. I only need the right buttons combination, or the website link where I can download the firmware.

·
Registered
CTS '06 Sport Luxury Bussines ed.
73 Posts
Hi all,

I am a new user of Cadillac CTS. Two months ago they opened a concessionaire of cadillac here, Seville, Spain... and fall in love of CTS...
The problem is that the sellers do not know the product to 100 %. The vehicle this one imported from USA and the menu does not come in Spanish (english to command voice and write menus) , the dvd does not reproduce movies from Europe. I need the system of free hands (car kit and bluetooth) but a couple of weeks was late in coming, and i am not sure about the total integration of switches on steer wheel...

Well, by the other hand, they change the language to spanish (voice and write) by an update, but i am still waiting for DVD region change and Bluetooth Cell Kit.

If someone on spain installing the BT Cell Kit (car kit + Bluetooth) on a CTS 2005, plz email me and tell me about the results.

Thank u so much 2 all... you know a lot about the car that the sellers ;D.

[email protected]

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
EuroCadillac said:
Hi all,

I am a new user of Cadillac CTS. Two months ago they opened a concessionaire of cadillac here, Seville, Spain... and fall in love of CTS...
The problem is that the sellers do not know the product to 100 %. The vehicle this one imported from USA and the menu does not come in Spanish (english to command voice and write menus) , the dvd does not reproduce movies from Europe. I need the system of free hands (car kit and bluetooth) but a couple of weeks was late in coming, and i am not sure about the total integration of switches on steer wheel...

Well, by the other hand, they change the language to spanish (voice and write) by an update, but i am still waiting for DVD region change and Bluetooth Cell Kit.

If someone on spain installing the BT Cell Kit (car kit + Bluetooth) on a CTS 2005, plz email me and tell me about the results.

Thank u so much 2 all... you know a lot about the car that the sellers ;D.

[email protected]
Are you sure? My U.S. version has English & Spanish + metric choices.

You may find help at this GM Website: https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do;jsessionid=90B13293A230E6AD4AA4BEDCD0915CFC

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Indeed they seem to be able to tweak some things in the settings of the Audio. I had the problem that the Region for the DVD was set to 2, but it was still only playing NTSC in stead of PAL. I ordered DVD's from the US with all region... I still haven't tried to burn my own dvd's, cuz I have no NTSC films...

I will ask my dealer or workshop if they can change the NTSC to PAL.

EuroCadillac: welcome to the forum. Happy to see some fellow europeans :)
You must also have a problem with the NAV? Or do you have the correct Europe NAV-DVD?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all again!

On first time, thank u for yours quick replies dudes.

To RobertCTS: Yes Robert, I'm sure. On euro models u can choice 3 languages (French, German, and English) Spanish is not possible. But thats problem is right now. Dealers give me an eprom update cd and change the German by Spanish. About metric i ever can choice.

To 70eldo: Thanks for welcome. I am happy too and very grateful. Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand that the problem is not alone the region, but also the system of video NTCS/PAL.

About de NAV: I have the car since 12 days ago. I have not had time to do a trip to try it. But after the "problem" of the language has solved the only one problem that seems that it has is the maps dont be updated recently.

thank u again dudes, and excuse me for my patetic english. I Dont write or speak it since a lot of time.

Thank u again.

P.D. eldo70, its only a idea, u try to change the tv video sistem to ntcs-->pal before play a DVD.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
EuroCadillac said:
Hi all again!

On first time, thank u for yours quick replies dudes.

To RobertCTS: Yes Robert, I'm sure. On euro models u can choice 3 languages (French, German, and English) Spanish is not possible. But thats problem is right now. Dealers give me an eprom update cd and change the German by Spanish. About metric i ever can choice.

To 70eldo: Thanks for welcome. I am happy too and very grateful. Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand that the problem is not alone the region, but also the system of video NTCS/PAL.

About de NAV: I have the car since 12 days ago. I have not had time to do a trip to try it. But after the "problem" of the language has solved the only one problem that seems that it has is the maps dont be updated recently.

thank u again dudes, and excuse me for my patetic english. I Dont write or speak it since a lot of time.

Thank u again.

P.D. eldo70, its only a idea, u try to change the tv video sistem to ntcs-->pal before play a DVD.
I almost forgot:welcome:to the Forum:D:bouncy:

Where are you located in Europe? What brought you to buy a CTS?

You'll love this Forum. It's a trememdous wealth of information. As for your English, it's better than some of our native born members!:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank u Robert!!! :thumbsup:

Well, i live on Seville (Spain). There is no Cadillac Dealers here until 2 mounth ago, and they are still learning about the cars (they tell me features like that CTS could play MP3 and that i can read cd-text info on screen... but :tisk: , they dont know that the car have an auto turn on lights, hehehe) ... well its right... i learn a lot about my new car here and this features its no very important for me.

Well, the languages is now run properly after the eprom updates that change (German by Spanish). But my first problem now is about CarKit+Bluetooth (cell phone adapter + bluetooth adapter) i dont know if i need change the Steerwheel switches or not, and i dont know if is possible install it on CTS 06 (there is no Onstar and XM system on Europe) and i dont find the carkit description sheet for the car.

About the DVD problem, i find a solution meanwhile i wait for Dealer solution. And is too easy, i just do it.... and runs perfect....

its too easy. only that u need is this software: DVDShrink and IFOedit 0.971.

1º.- rip your dvd to hdd with DVDSHRINK like ever. well now u have on your hdd a PAL video DATA...

2.- download and start. IFOedit ver. 0.971 (its freeware)
- open de video_ts.ifo files and looking for PAL chains and change it to NTSC and change the static to automatic letterboxed (only that).
-change all *.ifo and chains of the DVD.
-Save it. Close the program and verify the files (open the .IFO files and look for the Pal/NTSC chains) ALL MUST BE ON NTSC!!!

3.- burn the data on a dvd like a normal process. Using Nero 4 example.

4.- and try it on your Great Car.

P.D. well, i know that my english is too poor and its possible that u dont understand my explain.... well, i have the solution.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=221928

thats the forum threat that explain the patch method.

i hope that help all.

thanks again dudes for all.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
EuroCadillac said:

Well, i live on Seville (Spain). There is no Cadillac Dealers here until 2 mounth ago, and they are still learning about the cars (they tell me features like that CTS could play MP3 and that i can read cd-text info on screen... but :tisk: , they dont know that the car have an auto turn on lights, hehehe) ... well its right... i learn a lot about my new car here and this features its no very important for me.

Well, the languages is now run properly after the eprom updates that change (German by Spanish). But my first problem now is about CarKit+Bluetooth (cell phone adapter + bluetooth adapter) i dont know if i need change the Steerwheel switches or not, and i dont know if is possible install it on CTS 06 (there is no Onstar and XM system on Europe) and i dont find the carkit description sheet for the car.

About the DVD problem, i find a solution meanwhile i wait for Dealer solution. And is too easy, i just do it.... and runs perfect....

1º.- rip your dvd to hdd with DVDSHRINK like ever. well now u have on your hdd a PAL video DATA...

- open de video_ts.ifo files and looking for PAL chains and change it to NTSC and change the static to automatic letterboxed (only that).
-Save it. Close the program and verify the files (open the .IFO files and look for the Pal/NTSC chains) ALL MUST BE ON NTSC!!!

P.D. well, i know that my english is too poor and its possible that u dont understand my explain.... well, i have the solution.

i hope that help all.

I'm sure you know that Cadillac thought enough of the village of Seville to name one of their cars after it. The dummies are now changing to generic lettered names like, DTS, CTS, STS. Bad choice IMO.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes Robert, I know it... The Cadillac Seville is Legendary and I'm very "proud" of it.

thank u for yours quicks replies (thats looks like online chat, hehe).

And plz, if is possible help me with Cadillac Handsfree kit and bluetooth problem. If u find something like Car Kit feature sheet,... plz tell me.

thank u again, and have a nice day. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
EuroCadillac said:
Yes Robert, I know it... The Cadillac Seville is Legendary and I'm very "proud" of it.

thank u for yours quicks replies (thats looks like online chat, hehe).

And plz, if is possible help me with Cadillac Handsfree kit and bluetooth problem. If u find something like Car Kit feature sheet,... plz tell me.

thank u again, and have a nice day. :thumbsup:
Euro,
It's 6:00am here in Ohio so not much is cooking here in the eastern U.S.
Maybe you could pop the CTS emblem off the trunk lid and place a Seville emblem. I see them on Ebay frequently. You know about Ebay? www.ebaymotors.com Just input Cadillac and a ton of stuff come up for sale.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi again robert,

my name is Miguel... and i think about the avatar and well i want to change it to Cadillac Seville, but not the normal avatar that i can choice on profile page, i have a custom. Can i change it?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
EuroCadillac said:
hi again robert,

my name is Miguel... and i think about the avatar and well i want to change it to Cadillac Seville, but not the normal avatar that i can choice on profile page, i have a custom. Can i change it?
Miguel,
Only two ways to change to a custom Avatar and/or Signature. You must have posted 50 times or become a supporting member. 50 will come quickly as you get sucked into all the various threads.

Hasta Luego Amigo,
Bob

·
Registered
73 Posts
OK, Thank u Robert.

I looking for info about Handsfree kit but dont found nothing... i still looking for...

and... let me tell u.... Your Spanish is better than my english, my friend.

Hasta Luego, cya soon... M

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
EuroCadillac said:
OK, Thank u Robert.

I looking for info about Handsfree kit but dont found nothing... i still looking for...

and... let me tell u.... Your Spanish is better than my english, my friend.

Hasta Luego, cya soon... M
:Offtopic: I know but havin' some fun with our new member from Spain. We have so many members from other countries that drive the CTS. I just find it amazing! Miguel, Your american slang is getting good. It gives me a giggle:)
Have you looked in the other forums or exhausted the search feature for your needs?

Old '50's saying: Hasta luego caiman, tras mientras cocodrilo. Alligators and crocodiles are similar words. Was I close?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I look for that features around an a few forums and webs on internet. Cadillac Official Web Site only say "for detailed information refer to the official CTS- Car Kit Product Sheet".

I look that Product Sheet,... on web, forums, deep oceans, mountains peak, 7 hells... but nothing... i am thinkin' that is a leged like a Holy Grial of King Arthur... lol... well i still asking people on Forum.

by other hand about the phrase: "hasta luego cocodrilo, no pasaste de caiman" is the right

Crocodiles are more big that caimans, and phrase "cya crocodrile, you did not manage(grow) to be a cayman". The people say that when a dude is all time saying that is the best doing something but when he need do it, he cant.

and yes... alligators and crcodiles are similar beast.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
EuroCadillac said:

i hope that help all.

Damn, he has his CTS for 2 weeks and he comes up with solutions. Great work!!! I have just been toooo laaaazy to find out that solution! And I am affraid it will take a while before I will finally burn dvd's that way...
But many thanks! :thumbsup:

Oh, if you need more info on that Phone kit, just call the Cadillac Europe Center in Amsterdam. They are the official importers and distribitor for Europe and they have the most up-to-date info for you. Also in English and maybe even in Spanish!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice to read that dude, i am really happy.

About call Amsterdam, i try to informed myself about if the telephone service of Amsterdam have a Spanish section... My oral english is most patetic that my wrote... lol... And i am not sure that they can understand me and i understand they... but i try to call...

Thank u so much

1 - 20 of 20 Posts