Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seem to be having lots of fun with yours - I need to know how to change mine!

I have the navagation system and can't seem to figure it out. I also checked cadillacfaq , can anyone help? Is it even possible?

Thanks,
EG

·
Registered
555 Posts
It is pretty straight forward once you have done it a few times, but finding it can be tricky. Have fun!

Entering the Personalization Menu

To enter the feature programming mode, do the following:

1. Turn the ignition on without the engine running. Make sure an automatic transmission is in PARK (P) or a manual transmission has the parking brake set.

2. If your vehicle has memory settings, press the appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on the driver’s door armrest. The DIC display will show either Driver 1 or 2 depending on which button was selected.

3. Press the power/volume knob to turn on the navigation and audio systems.

4. Press the MAIN hard key to access the DIC main menu.

5. Press the reconfigurable key next to Feat Prog to access the Feature Programming menu.

6. Press the TUNE/SEL knob to turn on the Personalization features. An X will appear in the box to the left when Personalization is turned on.

Personalization Name

This feature allows you to type in a name that will appear on the DIC display whenever the corresponding remote keyless entry transmitter is used or one of the buttons on the driver’s door armrest (1 or 2) is pressed. If a customized name is not programmed, the system will show Driver 1 or Driver 2 to correspond with the numbers on the back of the remote keyless entry transmitters.

To program a name, do the following:

1. Enter the Personalization menu following the instructions listed previously.

2. Turn the TUNE/SEL knob until Personalization Name is highlighted. Press the knob once to access the Edit Name screen.

3. Use the alpha-numeric keypad at the bottom of the screen. Turn the TUNE/SEL knob to scroll through the available letters, numbers and symbols. Press the knob to select the highlighted character. As each character is selected, it will appear on the screen and the system will advance one character to the right. If you make a mistake, press the Backspace reconfigurable key to erase the last character entered. You can then re-enter another character. If you want to completely erase the entire name, press the Delete reconfigurable key.

If you prefer lower case letters, press the Lower reconfigurable key. The reconfigurable key will then change to Upper. Press the Upper reconfigurable key to change the letters back to upper case.

4. Repeat Step 3 until the name entry is complete. You can enter up to 26 characters.

5. Press the OK reconfigurable key when the name is complete to save it. The name you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.

·
Registered
555 Posts
egthareal, welcome to the boards, I forgot to say that earlier. Yes, having a personalized Caddy can be quite amusing. I am the only driver of my car, so I have two different pre-sets one for daytime driving when I may have customers in the car with me and one for night time driving when I will be out with friends. I keep changing the startup message on the night profile to get laughs.

Once you have personalized the name, then it is time to play around with the steering wheel control button settings and DIC button settings. How much fun is it to freak out your passengers by switching from English units of measure to International so the speedometer jumps into the 100's while you are on the freeway? Of course you have to distract them for a moment so they don't notice but...

IHIeiniken, the process is a little different to personalize a system without navigation. You could check your owner's manual which would involve a trip to the car or go register at www.mygmlink.com because you can access the owner's manuals online, get some valuable info on recalls, and service reminders. Hey, it's free, leverage that as a resource in the future. Personally, it is an ok site with some valuable info.

Anyway, to answer your question:

Entering the Personalization Menu

To enter the feature programming mode, use the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition to ON, but do not start the engine. Make sure an automatic transmission is in PARK (P) or a manual transmission has the parking brake set.
2. If your vehicle has memory settings, press the appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on the driver’s door armrest. The DIC display will show either Driver 1 or 2 depending on which button was selected.
3. Press the TUNE/SEL knob once to access the main menu of the DIC.
4. Turn the TUNE/SEL knob until SETUP is highlighted.
5. Press the TUNE/SEL knob once to access the SETUP menu.
6. Scroll to the feature you want to change, and press the TUNE/SEL knob to turn the feature on or off.
If the feature is turned on, a check mark will appear next to the feature name.
If none of the personalization items are turned on, turn on the personalization menu by pressing the TUNE/SEL knob. The list of features will then appear, and you can repeat Step 6.

Personalization Name

This feature allows you to type in a name that will appear on the DIC display whenever the corresponding remote keyless entry transmitter is used or one of the buttons on the driver’s door armrest (1 or 2) is pressed.

If a customized name is not programmed, the system will show Driver 1 or Driver 2 to correspond with the numbers on the back of the remote keyless entry transmitters.

To program a name, use the following procedure:

1. Enter the Personalization menu following the instructions listed previously.
2. Select the PERSONALIZATION NAME menu item by pressing the TUNE/SEL knob once. You will see a cursor on the screen.
3. Turn the TUNE/SEL knob until you reach the first letter you want; the letter will be highlighted. There is a complete alphabet with both upper and lower case letters and the numbers zero through nine. Also included are spaces and other non-letter characters such as the ampersand (&).
4. Press the TUNE/SEL knob once to select the letter. The letter will then appear on the display. If you make a mistake, press the Back key. This will exit the menu. You can then go back into the menu and edit the name. You can also press the TUNE/SEL knob repeatedly to cycle through all the characters until you reach the character you wish to change.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the name you want is complete. You can program up to 16 characters.
6. Press the BACK button located to the lower right of the display to exit and set your choice or let the screen time out and return to the main screen.

The name you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
MikeB066