Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn thats a mission to change the bulb well thanks svb4eva already have hid tryin to change the little bulb hey sv where can i get those clear lights they hot!! been lookin for those since last year thanks again anybody know what kind of little bulb would match a 9000k?????bright blue

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
damn thats a mission to change the bulb well thanks svb4eva already have hid tryin to change the little bulb hey sv where can i get those clear lights they hot!! been lookin for those since last year thanks again anybody know what kind of little bulb would match a 9000k?????bright blue
ohhh, for the parking lamp bulbs (little bulbs), you dont need to do all that. Just remove the wheel well covers and reach up there. Feel for the plastic cap on the housing, turn it to open it and then u can grab the little parking lamp bulbs.

To match a 9000k HID, look for LEDs that say "HID White". I have these in my parking lamps... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=280114888155 They match very well with my 10000k low beams and fogs. And they fit perfect. I got pics of them installed here @ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2635420/4

Clear or tinted fogs, as well as clear or tinted sidemarkers, are made by WW, a forum member here. Goto this link for info. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/107180-fog-sidemarker-lenses-round-two.html#post1083959

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
I'm surprised ROB didn't respond to this thread already. I would have figured he could of gave us step by step instructions on how to squeeze the Sun behind the grille of a CTS.:stirpot:

I'm just messing with you ROB. Thanks always for the insight.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
So I am changing mine and trying too get off the front bumper well everything is fine then one of the last steps is to take off those two nuts well one came off fine and the other one is just spinning so what should i do just cut it off??? Please help I mean im in the middle of it now so if you could call me that be great guys I know I am a newbie but I dont wanna screw this thing up lol.. Thanks

317-400-6448

Thanks Again,
Jeremy

I'm just messing with you ROB. Thanks always for the insight.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
465 Posts
Driver side headlight bulb replacement: Take air box components out. Rear of headlight assembly and bulb cover can be reached if you don' t have Sasquatch sized hands.

Passenger side headlight bulb replacement: Unbolt fuse box and move off to the side. Again, rear of headlight assembly and bulb cover can be reached if you don' t have Sasquatch sized hands.

I have large hands but was able to replace my HL bulbs using this method. It's a 15-20 minute job for each side.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
4 year old thread....this is what came up when you searched headlight bulb??

·
Registered
2005 3.6 CTS Luxury Sport
147 Posts
So I am changing mine and trying too get off the front bumper well everything is fine then one of the last steps is to take off those two nuts well one came off fine and the other one is just spinning so what should i do just cut it off??? Please help I mean im in the middle of it now so if you could call me that be great guys I know I am a newbie but I dont wanna screw this thing up lol.. Thanks
Did u figure it out? THere is only really three nuts to mess with on each side, two u loosen and the one slosest to the wheel comes off

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
I always replace my low beams through the engine compartment as mentioned above by CT Essense. Takes about 20 min.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Too everyone who mentioned through engine compartment you are a genius!!! Help help help me i changed my low beam on driver side and of course the damn thing still will not come on now the old bulb looks blown and burned so i believe it too be bad now should i just try different bulb or what maybe i just got a bad one i dunno opinions please i am about too drive it into a oak tree!!!

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Check the socket as well, I had one that burned-out. I'm assuming that you have the standard bulbs and not HIDs.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
I have factory hid bulbs and yes the numbers on bulbs match up exactly i just dont get it do they have igniters??

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
They do have ballasts and that is what may have failed also if the new bulb is installed correctly. If that is the case I would not purchase an OEM replacement, $$$$. I would get an aftermarket set and install them in place of the factory system, you can replace both for the price of one new OEM ballast.

·
Registered
2007 Sts
10 Posts
what is the part number for the little light in the headlight assembly? Not the bright or dim, but the 3rd small light in the lower crner of the assembly 2007 sts

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
You can reach that one from below but you might have to take out those plastic pins at the wheel well to reach it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts