Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Has anyone figured out how to access the lower light assembly on a CTS-V? My left turn signal is out and there is no obvious access to get to the bulb. I was thinking I should take out the headlight and that would expose access to the lower area??? But that is not straight forward either! Your help and advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

chuckp

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
no ... you don't have to take it out

there is a write up in the FAQ on how to do it... learn it love it use it all the freakin' time

but the quick and dirty is

1. pull the inner fender liner out (10 pull tabs)
2. grow a smaller 3rd hand with a multi jointed arm, not neccessary but it makes it hurt less
3. you should now see the back of the foglight assembly

there is a 1/4 turn socket base for the turn signal and foglight, remove the cable from the back and change the bulb

reinstall

should take 10 minutes

hint: turn the wheels full lock AWAY from the direction of the turn signal thats out, this makes it 10x easier

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your quick response. BTW I did search on several key words and came up blank. That's why I decided to post my question. I will look more closely at the FAQ's.

Cheers,

chuckp

no ... you don't have to take it out

there is a write up in the FAQ on how to do it... learn it love it use it all the freakin' time

but the quick and dirty is

1. pull the inner fender liner out (10 pull tabs)
2. grow a smaller 3rd hand with a multi jointed arm, not neccessary but it makes it hurt less
3. you should now see the back of the foglight assembly

there is a 1/4 turn socket base for the turn signal and foglight, remove the cable from the back and change the bulb

reinstall

should take 10 minutes

hint: turn the wheels full lock AWAY from the direction of the turn signal thats out, this makes it 10x easier

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts