Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Trouble code access for a 2000 SLS......

HOW TO "ENTER" DIAGNOSTIC MODE
To enter diagnostic mode, proceed as follows:

Turn ignition "ON." Engine can be either OFF or RUNNING.
Depress the "ON/OFF" button and the "UP ARROW" end of the info button on the driver information center simultaneously for a few seconds.
All the dashboard lights will illuminate, including the segments of the DIC display. You are then presented with text.

You can cycle through different questions using the UP and DOWN arrows on the info button.

HOW TO "EXIT" DIAGNOSTIC MODE
To exit the diagnostic mode anytime during the test turn the ignition switch "OFF."

Codes can be decyphered here:

http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/dtcobd2.html#gmd

Compiled by Anthony W. Haukap

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Trouble code access for a 2000 SLS......

Gary00SLS said:
HOW TO "ENTER" DIAGNOSTIC MODE
To enter diagnostic mode, proceed as follows:

Turn ignition "ON." Engine can be either OFF or RUNNING.
Depress the "ON/OFF" button and the "UP ARROW" end of the info button on the driver information center simultaneously for a few seconds.
All the dashboard lights will illuminate, including the segments of the DIC display. You are then presented with text.

You can cycle through different questions using the UP and DOWN arrows on the info button.

HOW TO "EXIT" DIAGNOSTIC MODE
To exit the diagnostic mode anytime during the test turn the ignition switch "OFF."

Codes can be decyphered here:

http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/dtcobd2.html#gmd

Compiled by Anthony W. Haukap

Is there a similiar procedure for a 2000 El Dorado ESC code retrieval.
Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is Exactly the information I've been searching for...My service engine soon light came on and I rushed to auto zone to have them tell me what it meant. :::Session 2 lean Bank 1 and 2::: I've not taken it in for repair yet and anyone I've asked usually says "It could be anything with that car". Can't wait to try to figure out the problem and codes for myself.... I love this web sight, great info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts