Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Report from The Insurance Institute For Highway Safety,

Driver death rates by model, A rating of 100 is average, LOWER numbers indicate vehicles that are involved in Fewer Fatal accidents than average, while HIGHER numbers indicate involvement in MORE Fatal accidents. A rating of 25 for example represents a driver death rate of one fourth the average, while a rating of 295 is nearly three times the average.

Year Model Rating
1993-95 Cadillac Fleetwood = 32

1992-95 Cadillac Seville = 40

1994-95 Cadillac DeVille = 74

1992-95 Cadillac Eldorado = 87

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well.
I was doing a search on the 95 Fleetwood specs and that report was at the bottom of the page, so let me try and find some statistics for your cars, if i can i will post them in this section. :coffee:

OK Here is one place to check http://www.hwysafety.org/

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Sometimes those crash tests can be warped...... My Q45 has REALLY low crash test ratings, but I heard a story where someone rolled his Q multiple times going 75 on the interstate, and walked away from the scene...... So their crash testabilty and real world safety can be significantly different.....

Some tests are based on mathematical equations and computer generated instances, not on real world crashes!!!!!

And when we are talking about big cars like cadillac, they are more likely to be safer than the tests say........

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I heard on the news that bigger cars can also be good for multiple hits or accidents, like a chain-reaction on a freeway. A small car like a Honda Civic has a great rating, but I would only want to be hit once in it if the crumple zones are used up. :basketcas

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Ill tell you one thing..... The infiniti Q45 has one of the worst safety ratings (the insurance is stupid), but I would rather be in one of those than in a mini cooper, which has a 4 or 5star rating!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
blazeone said:
Look safe to you? :eyebrow:

I really just a nice guy. :devil:

:histeric: Glad to see another Texan who agrees with "Right to bear arms"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ralph said:
Blaze, you look like one of those disgrundled postal workers about to go on a rampage, chill dude. (but I like your style) :worship:
Yeah in that pic I am a little pissed looking. Here I am at work.

and here at play.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Elvis said:
let's see...

a Cadillac, + heavy artillery + BABES

you must be a PIMP!
LOL!

Business Development Manager "Marketing" the Heiny pic is from a tradeshow in Buenos Aires. The other is at the world superbike races in Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Ralf if your really looking for a job the Highway Safety Division is Hiring Crash Dummies for vehicle Saftey tests> and if you get hired right away you will get in just in time for the new 2004 Honda Crash tests > Wouldn't that be Cool Ralf ? :canttalk: :burn: :contract:

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
Hey Ralf if your really looking for a job the Highway Safety Division is Hiring Crash Dummies for vehicle Saftey tests> and if you get hired right away you will get in just in time for the new 2004 Honda Crash tests > Wouldn't that be Cool Ralf ? :canttalk: :burn: :contract:
Actually Dude, if it payed more than i'm getting now I'll do it! But I heard you've already done that job and I don't want to follow in your footsteps, not very original, eh? :nyanya:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts