Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my stock plugs in for about 30k miles and now have about 12k on NGK TR6's (used 6's instead of 5.5's since I have a maggie).

How often are you guys changing these?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I changed mine yesterday. What a PITA!!!! My hands are all cut up and bruised. Wait a minute..... I changed my own plugs and have a myspace profile? :eek: haha

I think the plugs were the original ones. The hardest part was getting the damn boots off. I too went 1 heat range cooler for the maggie. I'm not sure how soon it'll be before i torture myself again. maybe 20k miles????

·
Registered
BLK 05 CTS-V (sold) 92 Widebody NSX (current) Looking for V2
181 Posts
I changed mine yesterday. What a PITA!!!! My hands are all cut up and bruised. Wait a minute..... I changed my own plugs and have a myspace profile? :eek: haha

I think the plugs were the original ones. The hardest part was getting the damn boots off. I too went 1 heat range cooler for the maggie. I'm not sure how soon it'll be before i torture myself again. maybe 20k miles????

How many miles do you have on your V ?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have 44k on mine. Original plugs. Never owned a car long enough to have to change the plugs LOL. Which should I go to? No maggie here, but may toss one on within a few months.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I'm not sure which plugs are good these days. I just ordered mine online and got the same ones as someone else running a maggie. I was told one of the "tips" was to remove the battery, so i also replaced the in-cabin air filter at the same time. Something you too may want to consider. The air filter on my old Lexus was in the glove box, took 1 min to change. The one on the V is under the battery box requiring removal of all kinds of crap! AC smells good now though! I would also suggest getting a plug boot removal tool especially for the passenger side. I had to jog to autozone in the rain and pick one up halfway through the project. Getting the wires off of the plugs was the hardest part of the whole job. The boot puller made it a little easier, but i still had to use both hands, one on the puller and one acting as a fulcrum. I sprayed everything down with a good helping of silicone and used the anti seize goop when reinstalling, so hopefully next time won't be as bad.

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! the whole time i was debating which was harder. Maggie install or replacing spark plugs. I'm still undecided....
Plugs!

Then again, my nephew wanted to borrow my V for prom so I made him come over hand help me change passenger's side plugs.

p.s. My V was the hit of the prom

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Ahhhh,I didn't get 8,000 miles out of my Tr55's.My issue is I don't flog the car enough.Too much putting around in this shit hole little town.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
So with just a CAI/exhaust I should throw in some TR55's?

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Mine looked like crap!With a blower, i'll do it often.My car was loseing power at redline,not any more!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts