Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure the manual doesn't have an interval, thought i'd see what you guys say. anyone have an interval they use/recommend? any problems with the brake system? just leave it alone?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,607 Posts
While it is difficult to find specific brake fluid exchange intervals posted anywhere - including in owner's manual service interval charts - I would recommend the service at 5 - 7 year intervals.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic - it LOVES water - so exchanges are one form of brake system term insurance.

I've done it twice in the STS and am about due for a third time, and the Explorer goes to our local Mom & Pop shop this fall for the same service.

If you want every sort of pro and con argument, Google "automobile brake fluid exchange interval", pour a scotch and water, and read.

Plenty of study here - and in the Centric/Stoptech white papers. https://ebcbrakes.com/ebc-technical-brake-articles/#1488537423865-30e567cc-d403

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had Dealer flush twice , but I suck out master cylinder , at least twice a year . Or when I get a itch . Biggest thought is for ABS system !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts