Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Professional Chassis Raised Roof Presidential Limousine
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this light blue Fleetwood with 180,000 miles on a dealers lot. The paint and body are in average condition with some nicks, dings and scratches, but it looks fairly decent from 20 feet overall. Interior is also average with the usuall plastic parts cracking or worn. It runs and drives fine but it needs an exhaust. They are asking $2,495. Is that a reasonable price? The only reason I'm interested in the car is because it has mint bumpers that I would swap onto my other car (I guess all those miles were highway and the bumpers didn't get dinged up from city parking). If I offer, and they accept $2,000, will I be able to get near $3,000 for it in the spring and at least break even after doing some work on it. The Kelly Blue Book even with these miles lists it at $7500 retail but do most normal people buy cars with 180K on them?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
If the body is striaght (no rust and big dents) then id say its definitely worth 2000 for parts.... The engine may have a lot of life left in it depending on how well maintained it was.... One of our members here has a 94 FW with 258k and he still races it, and no major problems, sans tranny.....

Depending how bad it is, you might be able to break even but I wouldnt necessarily count on it... If you can DIY that will certainly make it better......

Id be interested to see the service record.....

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Condition, color, options and location play a large part in the FWs value.

Personally I would only do this if the exterior, and more importantly, the interior color were the same. In my case, black. Then I could get a few more needed parts from it.

Or if there were some options that I desired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts