Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Eldorado touring coupe. I ve decided to sell it because I am going to college this fall and I am getting a new car. It has 137,000 miles on it, black, front leather seats have extensive tares, power windows work, only passenger side power locks work, gas door wont shut(little plastic clip fell off), shows some peel of the clear coat in the corners of the roof other then that it looks good. Rear speakers only work, cd player broken but radio works. All gauges, power seats, wipers, air, engine, breaks, power trunk, lights work great. Only one very tiny dent the size of a quarter, very little rust. Horn doesnt work, probably a fuse. There is a rumble/grumble from the cat convertor. Runs great. I was thinking of selling it for $1,200 so then someone could offer me $1,000. Is this a good price?

·
Registered
Seville STS
108 Posts
well if you only think you can get a $1000.00 out of it it must need quite a bit of work so, I say what ever makes you happy. The low book seems to be in the $4000.00 range so if they have to do all the stuff your talking about it don't sound too cheap unless they do it themselves so I say ask for $1800.00 and hope to get $1200.00

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds about right. I did the blue book on it, and unchecked leather(because of condition), cd player, power locks, with the mileage the going rate to a consumer was just over$1,900.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Sounds like a fixer-upper, but those Touring Coupes are beauties. Rare too, probably 1500 made.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
My advice to you would be to keep it <unless you plan on getting another caddy> and get a cheap car until you get this fixed up..... you indeed have a rare car, and it would be a shame to see it go....... It doesnt sound like you would have to spend too much to get it back in good condition.....

500 for the leather
200 for the speakers
200 for the cat
400 to get the car re-clear coated
500 for all the other little stuff
=1800 to fix up

Now lets add that 1600 to the 1200 you want for the car...... that would make it a $2800 car, and at that point if you chose to sell it, you could probably get 4000......

Im just trying to put things in perspective....... If you are going to sell it, get the appearance things fixed, especially the clear coat (it will make it look BRAND NEW, and Im not kidding) and the leather, and I think you could get 2500 easy, and you would spend 1500...... People will spend the extra money for a really nice LOOKING car, despite a few technical things......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea you are right guys. When I was looking for a Caddy a couple years ago I saw this one and there was something about the style of the car that made me buy it. Maybe I'll fix up the seats, and fix up the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts