Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious I was asking 1,500 as is, but both people that have come to look at it said it wasn't worth over 1,000:rolleyes:

I honestly thought 1,500 was a deal.

87, under 10,000 miles on crate 307
ac blows ice cold. leather is flawless
Stripped to bare metal acid etched and reapinted with PPG products in 97. new front brake pads and rotors. new tires
the opera lights even work

Only bad thing I can say is that it needs a tcc solenoid. I just havn't had time to do it.

I see these locally selling for 2500-4000 and most dont even have leather. Am I scaring people away with the low price???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently inherited an 84 Caddy Deville Brougham 2 months ago. I did alot of research when I was getting it about pricing. I determined that mine was worth around $3,000 to $4,000 (the car has original everything and everything works with the interior in perfect shape). So, maybe the offers you are getting are people wanting to get a "great deal" on a great car. If the TCC Solenoid was fixed it might help with getting more. Which brings me to a question: How does the car react with a bad TCC Solenoid? I have had a problem with my 84 recently: car is sputtering on takeoff and shifting irregular. The dealership said that is was a problem with my EGR Solenoid and ECM module. I fixed the ECM, but a few days later, same problem started to occur. Is this similar to how your car is acting??

Thanks, David

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
It sounds like it's worth what you want for it. If people are telling you it's not worth over $1,000 tell them to go and find another one for that price that's in the same condition.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi T Bone!

I'm in the car business and there is something to be said about pricing a car too low. Many prospective buyers will not even consider something that is priced below the market because they presume there are monumental issues that have likely caused you to not be able to sell the car previously for more money. How ridiculous these buyers are! It appears they may be missing a deal! What concerns me is the people who have looked at your car and still not made a deal with you. How many miles are on the car (not the engine)? Are there issues with the body or other mechanical problems? Are you located in an area where there are many people who can see your car easily? What is the amount you'd need to invest to fix the problem the car has that you mentioned? My feeling is to fix the glaring problems with the car and raise the price since you'll likely find a buyer at a higher price point. I just bought a '79 Sedan deVille with 61k miles for $4,500 and I'm sure that's a pretty penny for the car but it's nice! If the same car were offered for $2,000 or less I probably wouldn't have been curious enough to look at it since, wrongly, I would have decided in my mind that it was a basket case. If your car is nice, be proud of it! Remember, someone can always make an offer!

Good luck!

Dave

D

·
0 Posts
I sold my completely stock 87 FWB for $1800. Exterior was perfect (paint was starting to fade though) as was the interior. Had 80k original miles. Drove 100%. Needed new shocks and the A/C was not blowing cold. That was the extent of the problems. I sold it after I bought my 91 FWB for $1k. I only paid $1k for my 87 from an elderly neighbor and sunk absolutely nothing into it since buying it so the $1800 basically gave me all my money back plus it almost paid for my 91. Worked for me. Yours seems to be a better deal at $1500. I would really stick to that price if not raise it another $1k. Great color and newer motor. Assuming its really as clean as you say, then you definately are not asking too much for it. Here's a pic of my old 87, nice car but I hated the performance and the color combo (white/blue).

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Personally if I were selling MY Fleetwood I wouldn't let her go for anything less than $2,500/$3,000 if I was even ready to let her go, which I am not. There's nothing that would make me part with my Brougham. ANyway, my point being yours looks like it's in comparable condition to mine, because of the crated engine, hold out for something in the $3,500-$4,000 range. Go on ebay, you'll get a decent chunk of change on there. Curiosity, why're you selling? It looks like a sweet ride, why let if go?

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi Destroyer!

WOW! White/blue are classic nautical colors! Where can you find a blue interior and top these days?! My feeling is there are lots of interesting color combinations that are unique that we need to be proud of because they ain't makin' them any more! Embrace your cool car!

Dave

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
T Bone... I'd fix the TCC problem and ask for $3k, then maybe negotiate down a little.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
sadly the new engine dosn't do much for the value of the car....

these bodys look weird without the side moulding... looks too plain and smooth... not really good on the big bodys.

I would think you should get $2,500 for it though... atleast it would see to me, maybe more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts