Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering just how much tire people have squeezed under 70's CDV skirts without problems?? I have 255/70/15 under the back with a bit of room to spare. I want to know if anyone has gotten something larger under there. i would love to put the 255's up front and put something bigger out back!! the 255's look huge from the back, but i want the fronts a hair smaller, but i don't want to lose the ground clearance. has anyone stuffed 275/60/15 back there??

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Registered
5 Posts
ThisOldLandYacht said:
I was wondering just how much tire people have squeezed under 70's CDV skirts without problems?? I have 255/70/15 under the back with a bit of room to spare. I want to know if anyone has gotten something larger under there. i would love to put the 255's up front and put something bigger out back!! the 255's look huge from the back, but i want the fronts a hair smaller, but i don't want to lose the ground clearance. has anyone stuffed 275/60/15 back there??

Thanks,
Jimmy

Jimmy:

I have 255/60/15 on the front and back of my 1981 Sedan Deville on 15x7 GM wheels. No rubbing or contact issues. Could have probably even went to 275/60/15 if I went to at least a 8" wide wheel with a regular offset. Car rides a little harsher, but handles much better. By the way it has 217K on it and still only uses a qt of oil about every 2500 miles.

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts