Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much everyone is paying for insurance. I myself have Progressive. $828 for 6 months. Thats $130 less than the previous 6 months b/c I paid in full. I put my real driving record in and everything. Full coverage and I'm only 23 w/ no DL's.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
I pay much less than that, but I'm also 10+ years your senior, so...

And I'm not sure how much my zip code compares to yours either

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
CTSVONFIRE said:
I was wondering how much everyone is paying for insurance. I myself have Progressive. $828 for 6 months. Thats $130 less than the previous 6 months b/c I paid in full. I put my real driving record in and everything. Full coverage and I'm only 23 w/ no DL's.
Age 29
04 Honda Pilot and 05 V
Esurance, $492 / 6 Months Both Cars

Progressive was more than double BTW.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I pay 340 every 6 months for just the V. Being 33 helps and zero tickets in the last 10 yrs. Dunno how I've accomplished that but I guess I pick the right time to speed. LOL

Edit for ded and cover.

500 ded and 300/300 coverage. Ins thru GMAC

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
281 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
$367 every six months for the V. BTW, the V insurance is $100 cheaper than the WRX I sold.

GT
:yeah:

i am almost in the same boat, my STi was $478 and the V is going to be $428 every six months. $500 ded with 500/500 protection. 32 and 0 tickets, but i live in texas. i think it is me and about 10 other people who carry insurance noone else seems too these days...

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I have no idea. I make the money, and my wife spends it.

In this case, she is spending it on insurance for my toy :D

I'll try and remember to ask when I get home from work.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
$367 every six months for the V. BTW, the V insurance is $100 cheaper than the WRX I sold.

GT
Gary, I just can't picture you in a WRX. Too funny.

-Chris

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow, my V runs me $1,324 per year with USAA and that includes a reduction for a multi-car discount. I don't have a terrible record either; two minor speeding tickets in the last 5 years.

Maybe they're slamming me because I live up here in New Hampshire where we get lots of snow-related accidents (event though I don't drive it in the winter) and we have lots of uninsured motorists (insurance is optional in the "live free or die" state).

As high as that figure is, I know it would be worse if I lived in Massachusetts. I got about a 25% discount when I moved up to NH. Anyone else in my area getting hosed this badly? BTW: I'm 39.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
WOW I feel like I'm getting ripped off, but then again it's NJ. Last year it was $3300 and change, this year its $2600 and change. We didn't have the gecco, progressive or any of the other discount ins places untill this year. This is the anti drive state. The DMV takes hours just to renew you DL, the roads are full of pot holes and ins costs you out the ass.:rant2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
24 w/ clean record - no tickets.

618 every six months with 250 deductible, car rental, towing etc. I'm with state farm. This is $7 more every six months than my 03 GTI. :suspect:

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
1000/yr. Can't compare just price though. To compare apples to apples you must know deductable, limits and many other things!
Well all he was asking was how much people are paying.

Obviously deductibles and liability limits affect price.

Usually people pay what they can afford(?) and delude themselves into thinking they are insured for something just slightly less then catastrophic like hitting the station wagon full of nuns.:eek:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
ahahnu said:
WOW I feel like I'm getting ripped off, but then again it's NJ. Last year it was $3300 and change, this year its $2600 and change. We didn't have the gecco, progressive or any of the other discount ins places untill this year. This is the anti drive state. The DMV takes hours just to renew you DL, the roads are full of pot holes and ins costs you out the ass.:rant2:
My insurance dropped by half when I left Jersey as did my homeowners insurance and property taxes. No love lost there.

$550/YR ERIE with 1 mil liab. 250 ded

Erie is tough to beat!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
$730 year in Alabama, Farmers, 45 years old

1 - 20 of 36 Posts