Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2000 Deville base 2019 Corvette Gran Sport
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have the opportunity to buy a gorgeous 93 Deville from basically the original owner. I do know him well (he just got it from his brother) and he is not sure if he is gonna keep it. He is a Cadillac guy and knows cars so I am scared he is going to want top top dollar. 65k miles and the leather is not wrinkled! I am not exaggerating. The car is a cinnamon color with beige interior. It looks like it came off the show room floor. I had nice 93's in the last ten years but not like this so I am not sure what it would be worth. Any ideas? High-low?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,252 Posts
KBB - 65K miles -
$1700 to $3600 dealer -
$1500 to $2600 private party -

unless you get some type of special collector or antique insurance
with "agreed value" - like Haggerty -
a "PERFECT" - low mileage - 1993 Deville would probably get "totaled" with far less than $1000 in damage -

call YOUR insurance agent -
ask how much THEY would insure the car for - full coverage -
and how much they would pay out if it was "totaled" -

YES - the '93 was the last year for that body style -
but I doubt it will ever become a collector or classic car -

here is a white with blue interior - 43K miles - asking price $4888 -

and white with red interior - 84K miles - asking $4890 -

or a 1992 white - blue top - white interior - 100K miles - asking $8975 -

closer to me -
there is a 1993 Fleetwood (Deville with fancy seats) - white with red interior - 45K miles - $16K -
the car has been listed for 3 years - its still for sale -

·
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bass. In a case like this or these old mint cars in general KBB values mean nothing. It's what the market will bear. But judging by your examples I'm thinking this guy if he sells is going to want $5K-$6K. I don't know if I want to go in that neighborhood purely based on nostalgic values.

·
Registered
1993 sedan deville
30 Posts
I have a nearly perfect 93 sedan deville. It has only a small crack in the right front fender. The rest is perfect no rust under neath .I paid 3400 for it with 78 K on it . I thought I did OKAY . Like jewelry you buy it because you like it .

·
Registered
1993 sedan deville
30 Posts
Sorry, I should have added this . Where are you going to get a well cared for car, at even 5 K most newer cars are junk for a price 0f 5K .
If your buying to make money on resale these cars have a small market. And as you see most a Leary and wise buyers.

·
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a nearly perfect 93 sedan deville. It has only a small crack in the right front fender. The rest is perfect no rust under neath .I paid 3400 for it with 78 K on it . I thought I did OKAY . Like jewelry you buy it because you like it .
Does your car look like you just drove it off the showroom floor? This car does, which is why I think he is going to ask high money for it.

·
Registered
1993 sedan deville
30 Posts
Mine is very close to pristine. The seller wanted $4500. when I contacted him he took my cash offer. He was the second owner and had put only 3000 miles on it. He also had other caddies. All the leather is perfect all the chrome all the color . Came with a packet containing all the maintenance history. Only very small things like strike points at the top of the doors when maybe someone slammed it .You have to look very hard to find any disrespect to the car.

Regardless age still leaves its marks somewhere. These 4.9 engines are prone to leak a little oil near the timing cover. So you better have a look under. Even when well cared for they tend also to leak antifreeze from the same timing cover. The junction to the oil pan is an open timing chain no cast metal bridge so the bottom of the timing cover is the seal to the oil pan leaving a poor gasket bridge at the front corners. resulting in blow by.
My packet of history shows repeated strut replacement through out, right up to the end of its warranty.
Looks are not everything,beware of shiny things they make you over look reality .
I love my caddie dont get me wrong I would buy everyone I find in this or the condition you describe. They are still old Tech , and the parts are going to get harder to find. These cars are not going to give much of an investment return Buy it and enjoy it.
IMG_0013.JPG

·
Registered
1993 sedan deville
30 Posts
I would show more pictures I only posted as comp. like buy a house one looks for comp. I saw other great deals. great cars reasonable millage . An 1980's estate car for $25K with 5 K miles on it but I wont pay that much. That's my choice

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
746 Posts
I would love to have it for about $3k and I know it would be reliable for many years. I'm sure somebody will buy it for over $6k. The colors sound very nice. I would love to see a pic of it.

·
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I would love to have it for about $3k and I know it would be reliable for many years. I'm sure somebody will buy it for over $6k. The colors sound very nice. I would love to see a pic of it.
It is a very different looking color. I personally have never seen a Cadillac of older years in this color. I will try to get a pic of it as he parks it next to his auto business next to where I get coffee every morning. He will never want $3K for it. It will definitely be $5K-$6K. It's not a color I would buy and it really does nothing for the car, sort of bland looking, but that's just my opinion. Now that I'm looking it probably is Light Beige Metallic with the beige interior. You can see a few for sale online.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,252 Posts
It is a very different looking color. I personally have never seen a Cadillac of older years in this color. I will try to get a pic of it as he parks it next to his auto business next to where I get coffee every morning. He will never want $3K for it. It will definitely be $5K-$6K. It's not a color I would buy and it really does nothing for the car, sort of bland looking, but that's just my opinion. Now that I'm looking it probably is Light Beige Metallic with the beige interior. You can see a few for sale online.
=======================
Now that I'm looking it probably is Light Beige Metallic with the beige interior.
ya - not a STUNNING color combo - but OK -

·
1993 Deville 4.9
5 Posts
I may have the opportunity to buy a gorgeous 93 Deville from basically the original owner. I do know him well (he just got it from his brother) and he is not sure if he is gonna keep it. He is a Cadillac guy and knows cars so I am scared he is going to want top top dollar. 65k miles and the leather is not wrinkled! I am not exaggerating. The car is a cinnamon color with beige interior. It looks like it came off the show room floor. I had nice 93's in the last ten years but not like this so I am not sure what it would be worth. Any ideas? High-low?
I bought a ‘93 DeVille in 2003 for 3K with 103K miles , sold it in February 2020 for $1000 , with 154K miles , the best cadi I had , little to no problems , $80 registration fee and $200 a year for insurance . Compare to the 2011 DTS that I got now , huge difference in confort , the ‘93 by far is more confortable not to mention the big difference in cost ( insurance and registration ) . If buying for an investment , thats the wrong car , but for a luxury and confort Sunday car you can’t beat it .and you actually get a real bumper with it .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts