Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of break pads and rotors yall recommend for a 2004 CTS?
Appreciate dA Help!!!

:cookoo: This is a quote from the dealership: Pads 150
rotors 171 each.
labor 232
= $748 :cookoo:

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS V6 2.6 (LY9)
81 Posts
If you think US prices are expensive please check what the exclusive dealer in Spain quoted me, only for front rotors + front pads:

Rotors: 250 euros
Pads: 250 euros
Labor: 250 euros
Taxes 16%: 120 euros

Total 870 euros (1,208.00 US$ :cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:)

I decided to buy R1Concepts pads and rotors and get installed by my own, so my final bill has been 334 $ (including shipping to Spain) plus 118 $ at customs (85 euros), for a total 452 $.

My order was for F + R Rotors E-Line OEM, F + R non-metallic pads and one extra front pads kit !!! so I ended up paying 5 times less my dealer would charge me for a complete replacement. :pirate2:

·
Registered
2006 STS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Euros are of da chain!!! Thanks for the info. How do you like them so far? Do they squeak at all?

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I have R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, no issues with them, I paid $233usd shipped to canada for all 4 rotors. Went with satisfied ceramic pro pads all around for under 200.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS V6 2.6 (LY9)
81 Posts
Mine are good enough and there are no complaints from other members around that installed R1Concepts stuff.

Next I will probably buy the steel lines.

R1Concepts have better (and more expensive) options, but getting drilled and/or slotted rottors means applying for homologation in Spain and I was so lazy ... I finally tried the OEM to be sure they are not scrap and maybe next time I will go for the Premium Drilled & Slotted rotors.

Recommended !!

·
Registered
2006 STS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOod lookin out peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is that my rotors are already rusted and I just changed them 2 months ago, wassup wit dat? any input?

Do I have to match the front rotors with the rear ones??????????????

Thanks

·
Registered
CTS
303 Posts
I have the performance sports package and I found rotors for $29 last night. Can't remember the site though.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
86 Posts
Well that is not cool, you need to find that DA*N Site. I need some new rotors soon and dont want to pay $200 for a set. I would love some drilled or slotted(or both) for the fronts, but I heard they chew up pads quicker. I just don't want squeeky brakes!

if anyone has a good plan for that one let me know.

Thanks,
Mater (That's what my co-workers call me, I don't usually drive the CTS. It's usually my Silverado)

·
Registered
CTS
303 Posts
Well that is not cool, you need to find that DA*N Site. I need some new rotors soon and dont want to pay $200 for a set. I would love some drilled or slotted(or both) for the fronts, but I heard they chew up pads quicker. I just don't want squeeky brakes!

http://www.brakepadsandbrakerotors.com/

Personally I would stay away from drilled, and only buy slotted if you live somewhere that gets a lot of rain. They are both a bit of a gimmick unless you race and use the brakes a hell of a lot. They don't particularly improve braking, although slotted might help a little on wet roads.

·
Registered
07 CTS 2.8L
7 Posts
Look up drilled and slotted rotors on ebay. I bought a set (4)rotors with pads for like 200 bucks total from a company in california off ebay. Very easy to put on even for someone that hasn't ever done brakes before, just look up one of the guides in the forum it will tell you anything you need to know. Drilled and slotted looks pretty neat on the cts, thats the only reason I got them.

·
Registered
07 CTS 2.8L
7 Posts
Looking at my payment history, the set came out to 250 USD plus shipping from easyautomotive. I was browsing quickly on ebay and found a set for 250 that look exactly like the ones I have, with free shipping.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Look up drilled and slotted rotors on ebay. I bought a set (4)rotors with pads for like 200 bucks total from a company in california off ebay. Very easy to put on even for someone that hasn't ever done brakes before, just look up one of the guides in the forum it will tell you anything you need to know. Drilled and slotted looks pretty neat on the cts, thats the only reason I got them.
Have you noticed any rust on them? It seems the cheap ones rust right away. I didn't notice that on the OEMs. I hate the way it looks when you have nice wheels and rusty brake parts.

·
Registered
2006 STS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yo Sammy, How long ago did you change the rotors? I changed da rear ones 2 months ago and they looked rusted already, like an orange color. I think da shop used cheap rotors, who knows........:want:

Is there a cleaner for da rust on the rotors??????????:beavis:

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
Contact Lindsay cadillac parts they have a add on the forum i bought slotted and drilled rotors snd hawk ceramic performace pads for under $400 shipped

·
Registered
07 CTS 2.8L
7 Posts
The part of the rotor that touches the brake pad will always oxidise, the rest of the rotor is coated (zinc I believe) so that it wont rust. Im talking about the rotors I bought anyway, and no they havnt started to rust I have had them for a good 4 months. They look the same they did the day I bought them. And I will add that the pads that my set came with produce very low amount of brake dust ( hardly noticable at all )

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
i have 4 used oem rotors i took off a 04 cts, that i replaced with cross drilled and slotted rotors, very good shape no warping or grooves, never been resurfaced,any one need them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts