Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting my ESV in flat black but I was wondering how much it would normally cost before getting an estimate at my local body shops.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
To get a real good paint job where everything is removed and reinstalled would cost you 7k to 20k depending on how wild you want to go. I have customers that have spent between these numbers.

·
Registered
'07 QuickSilverLade
287 Posts
walked in my LOCAL dealership (garage) and the estimate I got to repaint, nothing major - I think exterior paint only and it came up to $25,000 Birr - US $2500 :)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Of course you to go to Maaco for a few hundred dollars, of course you could do the same thing in your driveway with some Krylon. ;)

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
Of course you to go to Maaco for a few hundred dollars, of course you could do the same thing in your driveway with some Krylon. ;)
Back in the day, a long long time ago I used Maaco twice and only because I was selling my vehicles. Its a good temporary, cheap fix, but by no means something for the Escalade. I saw one of the cars a year later and the paint was all chipped up on the bumper/hood and peeling. Horrible.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn with this recession i think im gonna just stick with my black raven for now lol

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Just went through this with my Excursion (which I dumped to get my ESV), which is as big or maybe even a little bigger than my ESV. I had 3 quotes done, ranging from $4-5K up to $9-10K. This was for a top down, front to back job with a little bit of body work to be done. The truck already had a mad custom paint job (done by Funkmaster Flex) that ran about $15K, it was just showing it's age and I wanted to make it a little less wild...

I wouldn't be so sure to write off Maaco. The current issue of Truckin' had one of their trucks painted by them and were more than happy with the way it turned out.

As far as murdering it goes, you best find someone whose done it before. I sure wouldn't want someone experimenting on my ride...

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac EXT
22 Posts
Before you go the paint direction why don't you look in to doing a wrap. I have seen some nice wrap jobs in flat black that I could not tell if it was painted or a wrap. This way if you decide at some point you don't like it you can go back to stock.

·
Registered
Cadillac
144 Posts
i just had my truck keyed and the estimate for everything but the roof basically was 5000 so i guess including the roof would push the price to that the 7k range and thats for painting it back black again

·
Registered
Cadillac
144 Posts
do you guys believe in shops being able to paint factory black better than factory? i taught black is black, but let some shops tell it there blacks look like glass etc.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
do you guys believe in shops being able to paint factory black better than factory? i taught black is black, but let some shops tell it there blacks look like glass etc.
Many shops paint better than the factory, it just depends on how much you are willing to spend, most owners are not looking for show car paint jobs on their trucks, but some are. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
would it really be that expensive/hard to paint it FLAT black? i thought that that was one of the cheapest paint jobs to get. Flat black is nice, my friend has his wheels flat black and you never have to clean them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts