Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 07 CTS 2.8L
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on the highway last night driving back to Long Island from Philly when all of a sudden all the vehicles in front of my swerve to the right and left.

I was the unlucky one as when I tried to avoid whatever was in the road I there was a semi on the right of me and a pick-up truck trailing a boat on the left of me.

I had slammed on the brakes and was able to avoid hitting it full on, but I did hit it on the right.

The end result was the rubber thing under the front bumper half way ripped off, and my front right tire and rim completely destroyed.

Anybody knows where I can get a cheap rim from besides eBay?

Also I am leasing this car and brought the optional insurance for it from Caddy, would that cover the rim?

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Really need some more details. Stock wheels vary in price depending on which wheels you have. MSRP runs from $611 to $871 each. There are GM Parts departments that sell for less than MSRP. Discount prices are from $458 to $653, respectively.

Your auto insurance should cover this under your comprehensive coverage.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 07 CTS 2.8L
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now it looks like the washer fluid reservoir or the plumbing for it is damaged as I lost all the washer fluid as well.

Too bad I live in Long Island and just brought a rim for $99 plus $24 for S&H

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
$99 for a wheel isn't too bad. Google searching for products by option number (from www.cadillacfaq.com) will find you lots of deals on factory rims. I found factory wheels for sale at 50% or more off list price. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I did not order these wheels but if they are as advertised, then going with the results from Google Products section will save you a lot compared to paying retail or retail discount at the dealer.

·
Registered
Cadillac 07 CTS 2.8L
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your helps guys, I did not go through insurance because deductible is too high and I would be paying all out of pocket anyways.

Anyways I got the rim from ebay through a seller called Pro Wheels Inc, they also repair damaged rims, so I am gonna send them my fubar rimmed and have them fix that that why I can have a full sized spare and not just a f****** doughnut.

I went to Mavis and got a new tire, plus it installed and balance for $160 and brought insurance on the tire just incase.

Now on to my other 2 problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts