Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a question just for the customizers out there. What have you done to your XTS so far in the way off additions, replacements, switch outs, etc. I've seen different things in different threads and trying to put them into one. And if you don't mind your total cost to date. Yeahhhhhh I'm nosey!!!!!:)

----------

Here's what I've done so far;;;;
Chrome Pillar Posts
Chrome Upper and Lower Grills, and Ports
Window Tint
Sunroof Etching "Cadillac Emblem"
WPM Chrome Wheels (20") w/ Nexen Tires
Chrome Trunk Strip
Chrome Backup Light Strips
Ghost Lighting for all 4 doors
4 Bose Tweeters
Clear Side Markers
Lloyd Gray Custom Floor Mats with Trunk Mat
Approximately $2,500 so far

View attachment 277618 View attachment 277626

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
How about the sunroof etching and the chrome trunk strip? LOVE to see pics of each:)

On this car, I've only done a few things so far:

1. Finished the LED lighting (Cadillac only did half the car, couple bucks a bulb)
2. Added projectors for the doors (rears are ready to be installed, front installed)
3. Lloyd Custom Floor Mats plus OEM XTS heavy duty mats for winter (I think they were $129, winter mats were free during negotiations)
4. FREE spare tire... I told him I wouldn't buy it without one and wasn't paying a dime for it)

Things I plan to add in spring:

4. Tint all around ($200 give or take)
5. Swapping out my HMI unit with a "jailbroken" one ($400)

All I can think of for now...this is a nice car that didn't need much work on my part;) Now my 08 CTS4, that was a long list!!!

EDIT: I almost forgot the 10 dollar screen protector for CUE. This helped eliminate the finger print/dust issue.

·
Registered
XTS Premium FWD
4 Posts
For my XTS, the dealer did the pinstripe and window etching. I want to add an aroundview camera system or at least a front camera for ease of parking. I am not particular about connecting the cameras to CUE and can use a separate monitor. Have anyone done something like this?

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
For my XTS, the dealer did the pinstripe and window etching. I want to add an aroundview camera system or at least a front camera for ease of parking. I am not particular about connecting the cameras to CUE and can use a separate monitor. Have anyone done something like this?
Agreed. A front camera to help parking, etc., and a rear camera that works even when driving would also be great.
The caddy rear view camera seems impossible to program to stay on in drive - or at least I don't know of anyone who has succeeded.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
NICE etching, looks awesome!!! Did the dealer do this? If so, how much?

I'd also be interested in a front camera but don't know if that could be done with CUE.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hand the etching done at my local shop here. They have been doing customizing on my vehicles sine 1999. The cost was $120, my price. The unexpected benefit is that on sunny days the emblem can be seen thru sun screen.....sweet!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Oooo, I like the fact that it shines through...that has to look amazing on a bright sunny day! I'll have to check around to find out if anyone can do this here in SE PA but I have my doubts:/

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never know until u check. ..4th car I've had it done on......looks amazing everytime

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Possibly the Mary Kay salesperson of the Year! (no offense to Mar Kay )

----------

Make your car your own. Do what you like. What you've done is not for me. It looks kind of Ghetto.
This is a question just for the customizers out there.

We've already had that discussion about "GHETTO" read back a little.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've done some customizing to mine. I tinted the windows, 5%, I did the multi light Leds under the dash and seats, I also changed the door lights to blue. The car came with 20 inch tires but replaced them with 20 inch vogues.

----------

What I'm in the process of doing is installing a full customized audio system in the car. I will keep the factory CUE head unit. Signal will go to a Alpine PXA 800 processor to four JLHD amps that will power two 13.5 W7 subs. A pillars will be customized to hold two tweets, two 4inch drivers, doors will have 6 inch midbass drivers. Rear doors will have 4 inch driver also.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like ur gearing up for a possible car show?......so far I've added four bose tweeters to enhance the midrange and highs.......hadn't thought about adding an amp.....was worried about the power draw off the alternator and battery.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Blue door lights? Which ones did you swap out?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeeeeeeep kinda sounded like it.....was an vivid car show participate from 2000 until around 2007.....mostly just local stuff. ...won a couple of things with a 2000 Honda S2000.....2003 Jaguar XType....then 2007 Eclipse Spyder ....kinda lost time for the shows but not the customizing bug....tho not nearly as much on this car....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts