Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I leased my '11 Sedan Dec. 30th I kind of knew that it wouldn't have enough cargo room.(it can barely take the stroller in the trunk)
but my dealer, who is the largest in SC has not carried a Wagon in over 6 months.
They have sold 2. The first one they got, the guy traded it in at a ford dealership 5 days later.
I guess it is fair to say that wagon is a sales failure steamrolled by the success of the SRX.
Maybe in about 5 months I'll put my sedan on swap a lease and try to get into a '12 wagon with a 3.6 and some performance goodies.
Anybody know how many were sold in 2010 and how many are selling every month. I know that there were a lot of '10s on lots that hadn't sold several months ago.
Hope it is not dropped.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon 3.6 AWD, Crystal Red
179 Posts
I love my CTS wagon. I've yet to see one in my area which adds to the mystique and uniqueness. The SRX is nice but I think the CTS wagon is the best kept secret in terms of autos today. Not that you asked!??! :cool:

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
I have read in a few places that the wagon was offered more with the European market in mind, since wagon variants are more popular over there than here, so it was never expected to be a big seller in the U.S. If I needed the cargo space of a wagon, the CTS would sure be my pick.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked on autotrader and there were a ton of '10s still for sale(assuming they are active listings and not already sold). Saw one for 11,000 off. Unfortunately can't lease a 2010 in 2011 and I doubt that those discounts apply on a lease.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon-AWD
5 Posts
Yep, the SRX and higher MSRP on the Wagons hurt sales. Found this link: caddyinfo.com/wordpress/?p=4342 Doesn't break down 2009 CTS vs. CTS Wagon, only total Caddy sales.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the V wagon is built to order, unless they have added the regualr wagons also.

·
Registered
'10 3.0 AWD Sedan
147 Posts
I picked up my 2010 leftover sedan on 1/31/11. At that time the dealer I got it from & many others in the area had wagons still around. By me I've seen very few on the streets. I think they did a nice job on it but my wife has an SUV that does the hauling duties.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
fwiw, I love the wagon. I have always loved wagons. I even liked the Sable wagon my mom had years ago.
Ill take a CTS wagon over ANY suv any day.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Trying to take a broad market view, I don't see the CTS wagon doing many sales. For those looking for a hauler there are too many SUV & van choices which have more room.

Though, no doubt, any cool hauler would want the CTS wagon!!

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
374 Posts
I like mine very much, in fact we ordered it to get it the way we wanted it. Because a wagon is $10 k more than an SRX, they got killed in sales. They look similar but handle a lot better but that's not enough for most.

Very few of us even know what it is, I get asked all the time what it is because it is so rare. To my way of thinking, that makes it a novelty. I have seen more Lambos on the street than this car. No other station wagon matches the styling or combination of utility and style to this car and that's what I enjoy.

I explain to folks that it is a European idea, the wagon while the SUV is the American counterpart. Once they remember Volvo, Audi , BMW and M-B wagons, it clicks.

It may be a sales failure but it isn't a failed car by any means, it is just another kind of CTS to me.

Richard

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
After all of this time, I finally saw my first wagon on the road the other day. It sure is distinctive. The only one I saw on my dealer's lot was a "V".

·
Registered
CTS Wagon
11 Posts
Have a 2010 wagon and love it, for me it is a perfect blend of performance handling and utility. I have not seen another on the roads yet although I did see a V at the Houston car show but that's it. The V is really cool but more engine than I want or need, that's not saying I would not love to have one though, talk about the perfect sleeper car.

Not sure how I will do on resale probably not so good as it is obviously a low volume car unless I sell privately but since that is a couple of years away I am not concerned I will continue to enjoy my ride.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté
198 Posts
I have a '10 CTS Sedan; still, I like the idea of a wagon; I don't think Cadillac ever intended the wagon CTS to be a 'big seller'; I give them credit for trying to move the Brand forward into many niches, etc.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
Cadillac would do much better in Wagon sales if they would advertise it more, especially on TV. Believe it or not, there are a lot of folks that don't even know it exists. Seems they are intentionally holding back, why? I don't know.

Several months ago I brought my Sport Wagon to our local Caddy dealer (not the one I purchased from) for a oil change. As soon as I pulled it into the service department it drew a crowd, including the Cadillac sales and service team. They were awe struck and couldn't say enough about the car. They told me it was the first Wagon they saw. The sales mgr. told me he gonna get more aggressive now and get some ordered.

Personally, I'm glad it's so rare. I don't like seeing my car coming and going.

Attended a local car show and all the Caddy models were well represented. I must say, the Wagon had a lot of admirers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Cadillac would do much better in Wagon sales if they would advertise it more, especially on TV. Believe it or not, there are a lot of folks that don't even know it exists. Seems they are intentionally holding back, why? I don't know.
I don't think so. I used to have the V wagon as my desktop wallpaper, and everyone at work who saw it at asked something to the effect of 'why would you buy that instead of a real suv?' Unless you're a driving enthusiast, you just don't get wagons.

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
After 15 years of driving several SUVs I was attracted to the CTS Sport Wagon. Ordered one the week Cadillac started taking orders. The wagon has almost as much cargo room as most SUVs, but performs far better. More style and class then any SUV or crossover. After 18 months of enjoying the standard Wagon I ordered a V-Wagon. No question, I'm a fan. http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad120/elphil_photo/IMG_0075.jpg?t=1298673118

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
I spotted a wagon on the street here today. Must be brand new because it still had dealer plates from the same dealer where I bought my coupe. Was cool to see one in the flesh.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon
13 Posts
Well, I bought my wagon because Dodge quit making the Magnum. I get alot of attention because alot of people have never seen one. Now I want a V wagon but the boss (wife) says "no way"!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts