Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, How many peeps on here are into <single malt< scotches and what >single malt< scotches are you into. Favorite? everyday? At your favorite watering hole?, to impress your friends? What's your best shot? Where's user name "Lavaman" at? I know that he indulges. You know that I do. What do you pay in the midwest? what do you pay on the right coast? Or do you just drink your friend's? (I know a few of those people).

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I used to love a good single malt Scotch, but only indulge occasionally now. When my son spent his junior year at the University of Edinburgh, my wife and I spent a week in that great city and had the chance to take in the various "tasting rooms" along the Royal Mile near Edinburgh Castle. I can't say I remember which was my favorite, as there were several very smooth and peaty single malts available.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,014 Posts
I like a couple of the Balvenie varieties, but actually go through a lot more small batch and single barrel Bourbons.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Macallan 25, only neat in a Riedel single malt scotch glass, usually on fall and winter special occasions and holidays, I don't share well with others. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Sting, I paid as much for my Roadmaster as my last bottle, I'm generous to a point... :)

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
When it comes to single malt Scotch whiskey, I don't share well with others either!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
There was a great article in 1995 in Automobile Magazine called something like "on the whiskey trail" where the European editor, Georg Kacher (sorry if I misspelled) drove around to some of the most noteworthy single malt producers in a brand new 1995 Rolls-Royce Flying Spur - basically a long wheelbase Bentley Turbo R in Rolls-Royce trim. Classic article as only that magazine could do. I think I scanned it and will post it if I can find it. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,313 Posts
"Oh show me, the way, to the next whiskey bar...........oh, don't ask why, oh don't ask why................" :band:

·
Administrator
71,014 Posts
It ain't Scotch, but for those who live east of the Mississippi there's a thingy called the "Bourbon Trail" (or close) that you drive around central Kentucky, hitting 3 or 4 distilleries a day. Ish berry intereshtin'.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I'll bet! And seein' as how Kentucky 's hurting for revenue, I'll bet there is a trooper behind every billboard!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Started out years ago on Glen Livet 12, at some point in time sipped some Macallan 12, fell in love with that, basically went in heat with Macallan 18, other likes amongst the sherry single malt scotches are Dalmore 12, Balvenie 12 double wood, and lately have gotten away from the sherry palate and gone over to Dalwhennie 15, a single malt highland scotch, devilishly tasty with a hint of peat and smoke, has quickly become one of my favorites, and last but definitely not least is Bunnahabhain 12 and their 12 year heavily peated Signatory non chill-filtered. Years ago a friend brought me a bottle of Bunnahabhain 12 year, short squat green bottle, heavily peated and smokey, Islay single malt scotch. It was to die for. Unfortunately, they quit bottling it some time back. I am just now starting to acquire a taste for 15 & 18 year olds, (scotches, don't even think of going anywhere else with that statement), and I could never hold it against anybody for not sharing 18 & 25 year olds (single malt scotches).

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
At the Rolls-Royce Owners' Club annual meet in 2000 which was held in Lexington, KY, we attended a bourbon tasting that was top notch, learned alot and hardly any of us could walk or see straight after. :) I was looking at the title of this thread: is there a difference between being a scotch "affectionado" and a scotch "aficionado" or is Gary a creative speller? :) All of this scotch and bourbon talk is making my low liquor light come on by the way. :)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oops, my bad, and what a word to misspell, too. Seems that it might have some sexual connotations, also.

·
Administrator
71,014 Posts
Guess where all the charred (seasoned) oak barrels for rum and scotch come from.............?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts