Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our CTS's? Assuming you have all of the options? A girl at work was just telling me how her 2004 Passat has 96 sensors so I'm just curious..

Any guesses?

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
Good question... I know there are yaw sensors, ABS sensors, 2 cam shaft sensors, engine temp sensor, oil pressure sensor, gas level sensor...

My guess, 97.

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
I have no idea how we could find out the number of sensors, but one thing you could burn her with is tell her she's got 96 sensors to fix in 40,000 miles... ha! stupid germans.

I was thinking about the other sensors we have, each door has an ajar sensor, the trunk has a sensor, the automatic temperature sensor, steering wheel position sensor (mine was replaced :( ), throttle position sensor, traction control sensor (wheel slippage?)... there are tons!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, just with the Stability Control, there's probably a good number of sensors involved, then T/C, windows, doors, temperature...maybe one of the Caddy techs around here will have an estimate..

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
Just tell her our cars are sentinals and it senses things w/o the use of sensors. They react to our every need, and respond to our every desire. It has capibilities of keeping us in line, and pushing us to the limits. And when we sense something is wrong our car senses solutions. It actually makes sense why we cant crack the ECU it senses when we try to tamper with it. I hate being out smarted by machienes!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, TagApl4, not sure if she'll believe me. She actually knows her cars...

But yeah, there's sensors in places we don't even know I'd imagine...Making a list would be pretty difficult..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts