Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NONE... Yet
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the recall notice for the ATS sunroof switch. Is anyone keeping track of how many recalls this car has been the subject of since it debuted?

I love my ATS & the Cadillac dealer I go to is great. I tend to ignore the squeaks and rattles BUT having to take it in so often is a bit tiresome.

This being my first "luxury" I kinda expected better. Am I being too critical?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Id much prefer getting notified of recalls, to having them do nothing about the issues.

Also, if they're minor things like that, you don't have to run to the dealer immediately, you can do it at your earliest convenience.

Still, I understand the annoyance of having to have several things replaces on a brand new car.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just wait til the next oil change and throw 3-5 things at them at once. Usually only 2-3 items get fixed because they need to order parts.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
the answer is none ....there is no such thing as a manufacturer trying too hard to fix everything

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
This country is full of complainers and sue happy people. so the car companies need to protect themselves. I also feel that some recalls are done out of good faith toward the customer.

The sunroof switch is the only recall on my 2014 and they did it during a regular oil change. I couldn't even tell that they changed anything.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,404 Posts
From what I understand about the sunroof recall (I might shut a body part in the sunroof? could happen with the door also and not stressing about it), the seat weld recall (less than 1% may have the seat weld crack and then I might crash?), the seat belt recall (not sure what could happen but also think highly unlikely anything would happen or it is likely to fail), none of these would have been mentioned by any manufacturer 10 years ago and none of them have affected me.

When I take my car in for service (that is included with the price of the car) I get a loaner and when the car is ready I pick it up. Hasn't inconvenienced me at all and they are welcome to check or update these items while the car is there. When there are issues where I am affected or my car breaks down this is when I will be upset and even then it won't be the end of the world.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
There have been 5 recalls on the 2013 ATS, fewer on the 14/15. Of the 5 posted 4 applied to my VIN, of the 4 seat weld and transmission cable were just checked and found to be fine. The seat belt recall was the only one that was of any concern and the sun roof switched recessed plate cover was down right trivial. As others have stated they were all done when the car was in for scheduled maintenance and I either waited (my choice) or was given a loaner. Now I wish they would recall the run flats and replace them with non RFTs :)

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
Sure, they are an inconvinience, but I'd rather they fix the problems than ignore it until I have to fix it on my dime. As long as they give me a loaner and fix my car promptly I'm not going to protest too loudly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts