Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use have a 2000 Silverado extended cab 2 wheel drive
Just got a new 2003 Serria extended Z71 did not look at the Silverado because I did not like the new front
So how many people own a Z71?

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
I've got a new 2003 Chevrolet Z71 LT sitting in the driveway. I have had it for about 4 months now and love it. It is Arrival Blue with all the whistles and bells. Only thing it dosen't have is a 6 disc changer and XM radio. You gotta love those heated seats when its cold outside. The 4 wheel drive works well, but I really haven't put it to the test yet. It will get you down the road quick, and if your not careful it will get you a ticket. It is also nice to burn the rice boys and there wings with a pick em up truck. I killed one three days after I got it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the SLE green with dary grey bottom, look at the SLT, and would have been nice to have, but I use my truck for work and has a leer cap on the back( A top of line SLT would cost almost as much as my first house, I thought I never say that , I am getting old?)
I find 5.3 litre better than the 4.8 I had in the 2000 the second day I got last Sunday we got about 8 inches of snow. But in Auto drive and away I went.
I live 1/2 hr from the Oshawa GM Truck plant and have done some work in the plant where all the trucks roll out
I wonder why the truck was built in Fort Wayne when I live 1/2 hr from the Oshawa?

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
1998 K-1500 Z71 Extended cab, Regular 6 1/2 size bed.. its color is like the Corvette's electric blue, but more greenish hue to it when it changes in the sun (factory job); you can see it in the background of the pictures ive taken of my Catera on the photos page.

5.7l 350 Vortec V8, Cloth, Power Driver Seat, Power Windows, Towing Package, CD Player, Automatic, Electronic 4WD. Bought in Minnesota, moved down to Florida recently ... so now i dont really have the use for 4WD in the winter. Still going to keep the sucker, needs a tune up soon but other than that its in flawless condition. Towed a small car along with a truck bed full of house junk- driving down to florida. Did really well. Apart from a daily driver, we've used it to make junk runs at a local landfill I use to go to... they would have atleast 40% gradient mud hills up to the public drop off section... put it in 4 Hi and gun it. Its a fun truck, I tell you what. :coffee:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts