Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess so i can see if it is worth making a robust setup including Overkill 2 core radiator and fan setup, With auto on and off with user selectable on and off temps.

It would include, pump, all wiring, mounting panel, and would tap right into the diff.

I have a working prototype, but just never thought enough people would want them to make it worth my time.

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
I guess so i can see if it is worth making a robust setup including Overkill 2 core radiator and fan setup, With auto on and off with user selectable on and off temps.
Count me in. Are you using the supplied power plug that GM supposedly left in the ass end of the car? Considered pumping the fluid forward to be cooled up front?

jas

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine plugs into the fuse panel in the battery compartment near the rear of the car in the trunk. All components are in the spart tire section now, except the fan and radiator assembly. It drops temps to near ambient very quickly. So i had to select a on off switch that was temperature based so it would hover near 150 degrees. I also opted out of running the radiator to the front as the tilton pump seemed to slow down volume pretty bad as i added the FEET needed for that. I just mounted it on the spare tire hump and all is good.

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
I just mounted it on the spare tire hump and all is good.
Cool (haha). Sounds interesting. My GM buddy said they left a power connector for the factory pump (whenever it gets released) right there by the diff. I haven't crawled under there to verify. Was curious if you found and used that, instead.

jas

·
CadillacOwners First 09 CTS-V Owner
09 CTS-V, 08 Escalade
424 Posts
It would include, pump, all wiring, mounting panel, and would tap right into the diff.
Jesse,

The unit I saw at One Lap on the car of the pic I posted in that thread had such a cooler, but it was close to 3 grand! A bit steep in my opinion.

If enough V's start to see HPDE events, etc...this would certainly be a worthwhile add on that could be sold in more numbers.

What do you feel you could deliver w/o compromising quality and efficiency? I would be interested.

Mike

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The high volume high temp tilton pump i have used on our race cars in the past have taken a TON of abuse and seemed to hold up quiet well. They are not expensive at all. less than 300 bucks for the pump. They are also rebuildable, so if one was to fail, it wouldnt be expensive to fix. Remember though also, the cooler only comes on when it the temps exceed 150 degrees, so they are not just running all the time like the pump we have for our intercoolers. Which see 130F almost non stop for its life and run the same duration the engine does.. Ill hunt down the part number of what i used for you guys.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked and the repair kit for it is only $15 shipped.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with wiring and AN braided lines, i dont see the cost being more than $900 for the whole kit. But i might be wrong.

I also have this same type of setup on my 750 hp GTM using the GT3 cupcar transmission. It keeps the trans temps down to 120s no matter how i drive it.

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
with wiring and AN braided lines, i dont see the cost being more than $900 for the whole kit. But i might be wrong.
Looks like the Tilton pump can be picked up at Summit Racing for about $200, for what it's worth.

jas

·
Registered
09 Cadillac CTS V
255 Posts
Jesse - I woud be interested in the cooler. The price would be important, as I'm not about to spend the 3k GM wants for the cooler for overseas.

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Sorry for asking, but why would you need to do this? is this for track purposes or even worth doing on a daily driver?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you drive the car now as it sits, HARD on the track, within a short amount of time, there is a message on the dash that says the diff is too hot. Meaning that it needs more fluid capacity or some way to cool the oil is needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts